-Ch.21-

♡︎♥︎♡︎- time skip
☾☀︎︎ - flashback/past
➪𖨆- present

DONT TRUST THE DATES OF MAY CUZ IM DUMB
I GOT MONTHS MIXED UP WTF

♡︎♥︎♡

While sitting in the sleigh and admiring the breathtaking environment, but Luffy was unable to rid himself of the guilt he had caused. An unknowing small smile across (Name's) face made him feel like ripping his insides.

Luffy knew that (Name) would forgive him in a heartbeat but he didn't care. It was made worse by the realization that what he had done could not be undone.

"Nothing happened..." He mutters.

(Name) rubbed the nape of their neck attempting to lose the tightness. "Ouch..."

As the scene unfolded in front of Luffy the memories came flooding back to him.

☾☀︎

"—She's the only doctor here, but I choose to stay away from her. We'll just have to wait till she decides to come down from the mountain."

The crew had made it to a snowing island, unnamed, but still filled with people. The only doctor on the island was on the highest peak of the mountains.

"Dammit! We can't wait that long! Nami is—!"

"Heyyy Nami! Wakey wakey! Wake up, heyyy!" Luffy continuously slapped Nami's face.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU IDIOT!?" Sanji, Ussop, and Vivi exclaimed.

(Name) took hold of his hand, "Luffy. Don't. She's in pain." He stopped but Nami woke up anyways.

"Hey, the only way to see a doctor is to climb a mountain. Sooo we're gonna take you there!"

Sanji eyed his captain like he's gone mad. "You're crazy! How are we getting her up there?!"

"She'll ride my back of course!"

They all argued why it wasn't ideal for Nami's condition, but in (Name's) mind this whole situation wasn't ideal. Eventually, they agreed to it all thanks to Nami's input.

"I understand the crisis but I wish to accompany you both." (Name) said desperately.

"Sure!"

"YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT FIRST!" Sanji punched the top of Luffy's head.

Luffy hummed and soon after nodded, "Hmmmmm,  I've thought about it! Okay, let's go (Name)!"

He did not think about it...(Name) deadpanned. But then again I'm glad. I don't think I can take it anymore, this bite is killing me...

...

The snow was coming down hard, coating the mountain in a thick layer of white. Despite the freezing temperatures and dangerous landscape, Sanji, Luffy, and (Name) were doing well.

The wind was bellowing hard, forcing them to lean into it as they pushed themselves forward.

Their feet sank into the snow with every step, making it difficult to keep their balance. But they continued, Nami was in a worse state by the second.