-Ch.31-

♡︎♥︎♡︎- time skip
☾☀︎︎ - flashback/past
➪𖨆- present

I'm not dead guys

♡♥︎♡

Once upon a time, there lived a person named Mont Blanc Noland.

Noland was a brave explorer who sailed the seas in search of treasures and was always excited to share his tales with others.

Noland's reputation, however, made the villagers doubtful of whether his stories were true or not.

One day, Noland returned from sailing on his trusty ship and reported to the king:

"I saw a mountain of gold on an island in the great sea!"

To find out if the story was true, they took 2,000 soldiers with him.

After the storms and fighting sea beasts the only remaining people who made it to the island were 100 soldiers, the king, and Noland.

Unfortunately, they searched to find out this was an ordinary jungle. In the end, Noland was sentenced to death for lying.

Noland's last words were:

"That's it! The mountain of gold sank into the sea!"

The people had enough of Noland and no longer believed him. Until he's s final breath, Noland continued to lie.

"—Alas, the liar died..." Nami sighs, "...before he could even become a brave warrior of the sea." She eyes Ussop.

Quickly realizing the last sentence Nami spoke was a lie, Ussop huffs. "Hey, that last part isn't in the book! Don't add to the story!"

(Name) stares at their curious captain, who is currently staring down at the water. They can never figure out what Luffy is thinking. He's too unpredictable. Next thing you know—

He's been pulled into the water?!

"Luffy!" (Name) ran up to the edge of the land and leaped into the water without a second thought.

As (Name) jumped into the water another person came out. "Who the hell are you?!"

The man stepped forward with a fighting stance, he looked pissed. "You've got guts relaxing uninvited at someone's house!"

...

"Oh, I see," Cricket commented after smoking a cigarette. "Sorry, I cause you trouble. I thought you were jerks after the gold."

The butler listened to the crew's conversation with the man while they twisted their wet clothing outside.

Saving their captain from drowning was someone (Name) came unprepared for. So (Name) was stuck with their wet attire and attempted to dry the suit.

What was left for (Name) was their long-sleeve blouse and pants. They let out a sigh and leaned against the outside wall of the house.

Although, to (Name) it did not matter. I'm glad Luffy is alright.

"We wanna go to the sky island. Please tell us how to get there!" Luffy clenched his fists due to his eagerness and excitement.

"Sky island?" Cricket immediately laughed, "You guys believe in Sky Island?"

Nami was close to punching him in the face but of course, Ussop held her back. "H-Hey c'mon! He's sick!"

After Luffy asked his question again Cricket replied, "No one knows. I know someone who said there is, but everyone came to know him as a liar. Then his family became a laughingstock."