-Ch.25-

♡︎♥︎♡︎- time skip
☾☀︎︎ - flashback/past
➪𖨆- present

♡♥︎♡

As the hot desert sun beat down on them, Luffy's crew trudged through the sand, their eyes fixed on the distant city of Rainbase.

Zoro wiped the sweat from his brow and grumbled, "I can't wait to get to Rainbase and get out of this heat. My swords are getting too hot to handle."

(Name) nodded and replied, "Don't worry Zoro, we'll be there soon enough. In the meantime, would anyone care for some water?"

The crew all nodded wanting some water, and so (Name) started passing it around to the rest of the crew. "It's important to stay hydrated in this heat," they said.

"Gimme gimme," Jeong-hui whined.

"You wait your turn."

Usopp took a sip of water and glances around nervously. "I hope we don't run into any sandstorms or desert creatures. I can't handle anymore of them!"

Chopper, who was being dragged by Zoro, piped up, "You can say that again...ahh so hot..."

Jeong-hui scrunched up his face, "You weren't even fighting though, Long-nose. You're so weak you know?"

"Don't compare me to your monster strength!" Ussop exclaimed.

...

As they approached Rainbase, they saw the streets bustled with life, filled with an eclectic mix of locals and tourists, their laughter and excitement echoing.

The crew's senses were instantly overwhelmed by the sights, sounds, and scents that enveloped them. The aroma of goods from the city's many food stalls tempted their growling stomachs.

Ahem-Especially Luffy...

Despite the blistering heat, Ussop and Luffy seemed eager to fill their stomachs with ice-cold drinks and refreshing treats to escape from the sweltering desert heat.

"And there they go..." Nami sighs. "Idiots..."

The determined crew sat down, waiting for Ussop and Luffy.

(Name) fanned Nami with a fan, ahem-stolen from Jeong-hui. And Nami's brows furrowed with concern. "What's taking them so long?" she muttered, her eyes scanning the crowded streets for any signs of their missing crew mates.

Leaning against a nearby wall was Sanji. "We shouldn't have let them go off on their own," he grumbled. "Now we're stuck here, waiting."

Vivi paced back and forth. "I hope they're okay," she fiddles with her hands, her wide eyes darting anxiously.

Suddenly, there was a commotion, drawing their attention. They turned to see a group of marines, sprinting through the streets. Panic appeared on the crew's faces as they realized the Marines were chasing Luffy and Ussop.

Jeong-hui panicked, he mustn't be seen with the crew. Since the Marines saw the 'real Jeong-hui' leave Alabasta. Oh and because they're pirates of course!