-Ch.23-

♡︎♥︎♡︎- time skip
☾☀︎︎ - flashback/past
➪𖨆- present

♡♥︎♡

The Straw hats barely got away from the Marines by frantically running or sprinting away from the scene, with fear and panic written all over their faces.

Sweating profusely and gasping for breath as they try to escape the clutches of the Marine force.

As they finally manage to get on their ship and put some distance between themselves and the Marines, a wave of relief washed over them.

Nami sighs, "Phew that was close, I thought we were going to get caught." She slides down against the mast of the ship, colliding with the floor.

"It's good news but where is Luffy?" The crew scanned the ship vaguely after hearing what Zoro commented.

"Wait—Where is he ?! You've got to be kidding me!" She groans.

As the crew sighs at the captain's antics Nami
sat across from (Name), who was silent, their eyes downcast, and their lips pressed tightly together.

Nami, feeling uneasy by the silence, Do they feel responsible? I don't want (Name) to think it's their fault. She tried to break it by reassuring them.

"Hey, don't worry about Luffy, I know he can be overwhelming and hard to predict," Nami said, thinking that (Name's) silence was due to stress.

But (Name) didn't respond, their mind elsewhere. They were lost in thought, deep in contemplation.

The silence wasn't about stress, but Nami didn't know that. She continued to chatter on, oblivious to the true cause of the quiet.

When (Name) notices Nami's concern they immediately spoke, "Ah thank you, Miss Nami. But no need to worry about me."

Sanji stares into binoculars, "Hey I see Luffy!" He shouts. "That stupid smug face is his..."

Just as everyone gets closer to the railing, they squint their eyes to see Luffy from afar, they notice his hand gets closer.

Nuh uh, (Name) shakes their head stepping back certain they don't get hit.

Luffy fell onto the ship, his laughter echoing off the walls. His crew looked up, some smiling(only (Name) really), others rolling their eyes at his childish antics.

"What's so funny, Luffy?" Nami asked, not even bothering to hide her exasperation. "You just slammed into Sanji and Chopper!"

Luffy just laughed even harder, unable to contain himself. "Sorry about that Sanji and Chopper! Shishishi!" he exclaimed, as he sat up from his fall.

Sanji immediately sat up, tugging at Luffy's clothing in anger. "Do you never learn your lesson?! I oughta gut you, Luffy! " he let out.

"Do you have any idea how much trouble you caused?! It wouldn't hurt to try to act like a captain!" She scolded Luffy.

"I said I was sorry... Oh, wait, Ace!" Luffy leaned against the railing.

The crew sighed collectively, they all comment and ask about (Luffy's older brother) Ace's whereabouts. They couldn't believe he was so reckless! Then again, this is Luffy.