1

You pulled on a long F/C hoodie along with a pair of black capris and some silver, purple, and pink shoes before pulling your H/C hair back into a ponytail. It was a little hotter out, but you had gotten more and more uncomfortable with having your left arm showing as you had gotten older and older.

That was because you had eleven soulmates.

Eleven.

E-le-ven.

No one had eleven soulmates. The most someone had was five. It was in the book of Genius World Records. At least, it had been until you had turned six months of age and the doctors were putting you up for photos to steal that place.

Eleven soulmates.

Each soulmate was shown by a colour imprinted into your skin. It circled the entire way around and coloured in. Very rarely, there would sometimes be a mix of two colours in one line, which meant that they were a complicated person.

You had eleven. More than half of them had two colours on each line.

Each line was about one and a half or two inches thick, so you had half of the space between your elbow and your wrist covered.

The first line was gold.

The second was gold and green.

The third line was pure black.

The fourth was red, white, and blue.

The fifth was silver and red.

The sixth was blue and green.

The seventh was red and gold.

The eighth was purple and black.

The ninth was also silver.

The tenth was also purple and black.

The eleventh was pink and brown.

Yours- your favorite colour- was situated on the right wrist and it was (for story purposes I chose because I needed an 'unusual' colour) Periwinkle, Turquoise OR Jade.

You grabbed your water bottle and headed outside for a run.

You hadn't been living in New York for long, having moved here for [either college or work].

You quickly headed for the park that you had been running at, popping earbuds into your ears, before setting it to your running playlist and taking off.

In the soulmate world of colours, you didn't develop your colours until you were six months old. And at that point, most didn't even get their left colours yet. Just their right one. It usually meant that their soulmate wasn't born yet.

The colours could change of course, people's favorite colours changed all of the time. You remembered when the purple and black line (number 8) had once been grass green and arctic blue. That change hadn't actually been to long ago, well five plus years at least. . . whenever the Sokovia Accords were supposed to have been signed.

You were allowed to marry all of your soulmates, because the Supreme Court acknowledge- as having more than one soulmate became more and more popular- that it wouldn't be fair to the other soulmates if only two could get married.

However, you weren't allowed to have sexual interactions without someone who wasn't your soulmate and even after meeting your soulmate, you weren't allowed to have sexual interactions until your honeymoon. This was to assure that there were no illegitimate children. And that was because children who were born of two people who weren't soulmates ended up not having any soulmate bonds period. They also tended to become either extremely sick, or extremely scary. Some of the most famous examples were Red Skull, Obadiah, Hitler, and Xi Xi Ping.