26

T'Challa introduced you to the people of Wakanda as his one and only beloved soulmate. You didn't have to speak, just standing by his side, holding his arm as he spoke. After the speech, he took you out of the city to see more of the countryside of Wakanda.

He brought you down to where the pastures were, where the farmers out here tamed White Rhinos for war. They also took care of goats.

T'Challa showed you the small hut by the water that Bucky had stayed in once. He had his own little fenced in area that still had two goats in it, the little kids that lived out here tending to his goat until he came back.

"What are their names?" You asked, petting one of the milk goats across her head. She let out a tiny bleat before wandering over to the water trough, lapping it up.

"This one is Samantha and the other one is Stella." T'Challa said, pointing to each individual goat, only able to tell apart the difference of their brown and white coats by the pink ribbon around Samantha's tail and the green one around Stella's.

You giggled. "So they're the goat versions of Sam and Steve?"

T'Challa laughed as well. "I suppose that's one way of looking at them."

The next week was fun as well. Wakanda was much larger than everyone had ever expected. You visited the forests and jungles. There were beautiful lakes that T'Challa took you too, the two of you skinny dipping as they were empty.

There were open plains and wide fields of flowers. The inner city was fun to explore as well. There were so many people there, the culture so vibrantly different from anything you had ever experienced.

You enjoyed checking out all of the stalls, even if you didn't always buy something. The young village kids seemed to absolutely adore you for some reason, always giving you flowers or small presents that were homemade.

T'Challa always just beamed from your side. You were sure that he was happy with how receptive the people were of you. Though you didn't always speak Wakandan (Xhosa), T'Challa would usually translate for you. Words of praise and your beauty or kindness were usually what they were. Or sometimes saying how they were glad that their King had found such a worthy soulmate.

Inside the palace was another story. Perhaps it was just simply because it was air-conditioned, but it just felt much colder there. Shuri, Queen Ramonda, and Okoye were all very nice, and a few of T'Challa's friends and the elders were just as nice, but the Dora Milaje seemed very cold towards you.

But you were probably making it up. Okoye always seemed colder whenever she was doing her royal duties as well. Shuri always liked to make jokes with it.

"When are the others getting here again?" You asked, holding T'Challa's hand as the two of you walked around the palace gardens. They had several exotic flowers that couldn't be found anywhere else in the world. They were very special here and you absolutely loved them.

"The morning of the wedding ceremony. They're chasing a HYDRA lead I think." T'Challa said with a sigh.

"HYDRA again?" You frowned. "They really do take after the mythical creature."

T'Challa chuckled. "From what we can tell though, they are much weaker than they were when they had Bucky. Without their winter soldiers, it is very hard for them to operate. Especially since Fury has been alerted to their presence."

You nodded, leaning your head on his shoulder before you pointed to one of the large red and green flowers that looked almost tie-dyed. "What is this one called?"

"Lintyatyambo Zevatala." T'Challa answered.

"I think they're my favorites." You said, looking up at him, "Besides, you know, the lovely purple flowers that give you your powers. Those are pretty too."