A/N

SOULMATE WORLD RULES BECAUSE PEOPLE SAID MY STORY TO COMPLEX:

1. Yes, you could date someone that isn't your soulmate. But it would be for 'practice' purposes. You can hold hands, hug, kiss, even give each other orgasms if you really wanted to, even have sex- but with possible consequences.

2. Having a baby with someone you're not soulmated to will result in the child being either sick or growing up to be evil
(got the idea from the wizarding world where if a parent is under a love potion or spell, then the child grows up with zero emotions- aka Tom Riddle)

3. Yes, normal kids under soulmate bonds can still be sick or evil, it's just a guarantee if the baby isn't under soulmate parents it will be sick or evil.

4. You can have sex outside of the marriage/bonding ceremony, but the bond is stronger is you wait to have sex after the ceremony

5. By taking a trait from your soulmate doesn't mean your soulmate loses that trait. It just becomes a part of you. It also doesn't mean that since you're bonded to all of these superheroes you get their powers. For example, if you had been bonded to Peter Parker, you might suddenly find yourself being a little happier since that kid runs on enthusiasm.

6. You do not wait to have all of your soulmates before you get married. Obviously, Tony and Stephen didn't wait, nor did Steve, Bucky, and Sam wait for you before they bonded.

7. Your soulmate can only feel pain that is directly applied to their soulmate line

8. Not everyone shares the same soulmates. For example, Wand is soulmated to Vision. Elizabeth is soulmated to Vision. Vision is soulmated to Wanda and Elizabeth. But Elizabeth and Wanda are not soulmated to each other. Likewise, Wanda and Vision are not soulmated to Pietro or Hogun, only Elizabeth is. However, because of their shared soulmate bonds, Wanda and Vision will gain some sort of trait from Hogun, Pietro, Jessie, Katherine, Sif, Fandral and Volstagg, because Pietro is bonded to Jessie and Katherine while Hogun is also bonded to Sif. And then Sif is bonded to Fandral and Volstagg as well. Yeah this rule is a bit confusing, I agree. I just like making life difficult on myself.

9. No one gets their lines until they are six months of age.

10. Left arm is for your soulmates. Right arm is your own line.

11. The person has to say their own name in proximity of you in order for you to know who your soulmate is. Their name will become a part of their line.

12. Most soulmates have at least one male, female couple even if there are multiple of the same gender in a bond so that mates can have at least two kids. It is very rare to find a pure lesbian/gay couple.

13. Most people have solid soulmate lines. Having multiple lines means that you have a lot of problems and worries in your life- aka why all superheroes have several colours. So there remains the mystery- why does Elizabeth have so many colours? And I guess Billie Eilish for that matter.

14. No- Contraceptives do not exist in this world. After all, there is no reason for you and your soulmates not to have children.

15. Adoption is rare as for some reason, if the child is not of your soulmate, or related to one of your soulmates, you don't have unconditional love for him/her. This is why the rules are so strict. Children should only stay with their soulmate parents. However, family can take care of you as well (like Aunt May and Peter Parker)

16. You could technically have sex with a soulmate of a soulmate. (Coulson and Fury could technically have sex if they wanted because Maria is a shared soulmate). Though it doesn't happen often, nothing bad will happen of it (like cursed children).

These are all of the ones that I can think about for now. Maybe updated in the future so you can come back and read this one if you need reminders of the rules. Let me know if there's still an unanswered question.