37

"Look how adorable she is." Natasha cooed as she picked up Lucy in her arms. It was strange, seeing her in a green shirt. You weren't sure you'd ever seen her wearing green. Bruce stood by her side, a small smile on his face. Natasha smiled down at Lucy and you smiled, even if a part of you felt sad. "Oh!" Nat looked at you, and Clint who was standing next to you, his arm around your shoulder, "Bruce and I are able to get an adoption!"

"What? Really?" You asked in surprise. As mentioned before, adoptions were extremely hard to come by, and usually did not end up working out well.

"Yes, one of the towns in Thailand had a humongous flood." Nat said sadly. "A couple hundred people were killed and there were a lot of children that survive because one of the schools took some of the kids out on a field trip of sorts. Bruce and I are adopting twins!"

"What are their genders and names?" You asked in interest.

"They are a boy and girl duo and their names are Sofia and Max." Nat answered. "Well, Max is short for Maximillian, but I like calling him Max."

"I'm glad." You said earnestly. "I hope the others find good homes as well."

"My sister Yelena is taking one of the boys." Nat nodded, "Quite a few widows are going to be able to adopt children actually. Though I wish it could be done without tragedies."

"Me too." You said quietly. "But enough about depressing things. Elizabeth will blow off our heads if we're depressed at her baby shower."

Nat giggled, bouncing Lucy on her hip before handing her over to Clint. Clint took Lucy eagerly, smiling down at the confused baby in his hands. Lucy stared up at Clint before laying her tiny head on his shoulder and promptly falling asleep.

You giggled, kissing the top of your babies head and went off to find other people to converse with.

Hogun and Elizabeth were talking to the other Asgardians. They were rather excited about the baby that Elizabeth was carrying, as it would be the first child any of the warrior three had had. Which was a surprise considering they were all a thousand plus years and were all soulmated to Sif. Elizabeth was just under the eight month mark.

Heimdall and Katerina were there as well. They were not married yet, though they would be in a few weeks. You looked forward to their wedding as well.

"Hey sweet mama." Rhodey murmured in your ear, coming up behind you to hug you. "How are you holdin' up?"

You turned in his arms, smiling up at him. His firmly defined muscles were bulging against the tight polo shirt he was wearing. Everyone had secretly worn a shirt that matched their Hogwarts house- without actually having the Hogwarts house on it. His red shirt was a bit tight around the arms, which you were sure was done on purpose.

You were wearing black jeans and a H/H/C shirt.

"Hey." Bucky said, coming over to kiss the top of your head. He was wearing a yellow shirt and he looked rather uncomfortable wearing such a bright colour, "Can you tell me again why I'm wearing yellow?"

"Your test results." You muttered in undertone so that Elizabeth wouldn't hear you. "We're dressing up in our Hogwarts House colours and you happened to be a Hufflepuff. So you have to wear a yellow shirt."

"And what is my house again?" He whispered back.

"The kind, patient, fair, hard-working house." You muttered back.

"Okay and what is Stephens' house?"

"Slytherin. Ambitious, strong leaders, achievement oriented, and cunning."