The Diner

Gabe's Diner
Robyn's pov
10:30 pm
~

Slumping over the old timey looking counter, I pop my gum aggressively. It's a nice summer night and I'm stuck in this greasy dump dealing with assholes for customers when I could be out hanging with my crazy pot headed friends.

After what feels like forever, I hear the familiar jingle of the diners bells ring. Still popping my gum, I grab my notepad and heave a heavy sigh.

"What do you want-" I lift my head up in annoyance, only to be met with the most beautiful brown piercing eyes I have ever looked into. I clear my throat and pop the big bubble I was currently blowing out. "Sorry, how can I help you?"

He chuckles a deep laugh making me feel a bit embarrassed at my attitude towards him. "Could I have 'The Diner Special'?"

I nod, bringing my hand up to the note pad. "You want your eggs scrambled or sunny side up?"

"Scrambled."

"Bacon or sausage?"

"Could I have both?"

"Sure. That'll be $1.50 extra if that's okay?" I look up from my notepad with a quizzical expression.

"What if I'm not okay with that?" He questions, biting his lip. His eyes drop from my own, looking me up and down with a lustful glint in his eyes. His eyes roam my body for a bit before they shoot back up to mine.

"Find a way to be okay with it." I state quirking a brow in challenge.

He simply smirked at me and nodded. "Okay."

"And what would you like for your drink? We have Orange juice, Apple Juice, Milk, Coffee and Coke products."

"Hmm, how bout Apple juice?" His eyes light up in delight as a smile stretches upon his lips.

I turn my face up in disgust at his choice of drink before jotting it down. "This for here or to go?"

"For here."

"Coming right up." I state blandly.

I pass the note back to Julio, the cook, before turning back to the register. To my surprise he still stood at the counter, staring at me.

"You can go have a seat sweetheart. Your order will be up in about 10-15 minutes."

"What if I want to sit here and look at you?" He took a seat at one of the stools at the front counter. He slumped his body over top of the counter and stared at me with a goofy smirk.

"Do whatever you want, sweetheart." I continue to pop my gum with a shrug of my shoulders.

"You know, you call me sweetheart a lot. I'm beginning to think you have a crush on me." He smirks.

I scoff, crossing my arms in annoyance. I shift all my weight to one leg as I begin to chew my gum aggressively. "You're delusional." I huff.

"Yeah maybe, but I know you think I'm cute." He ran his tongue along his plump pink lips. My eyes dashed down towards the action before darting back up to his big brown eyes. "Exactly."