𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐎𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Seattle, Washington
8:20 am
Finn's pov
~

Life is an unjust game of winner and loser. A cruel one-sided affair between fate and mankind. While fate decides the course of life we will encounter, mankind is forced to endure the pain of life. In the end, we all lose, succumbing to the battle that was predestined to be lost since the very beginning. Life is unfair, but death is inevitable. In one way or another, we as a society have all been oppressed by the opponent that calls itself life. Life is ever powerful, undefeated, victorious, which is why I've submitted to the game entirely. I fear my submission to life has caused my character to develop a wall to protect what shrewd pieces of goodness are left in me, if any at all. It has taken the last salvaged pieces of my humanity captive. Win or lose, live or die, nothing matters anymore. Nobody matters anymore.

Except for her.

And even then, the fantasy of having her all for myself is all but realistic.

She is the embodiment of pure innocence. She is perfection. I am not. 'The devil's incarnate' as some put it. I far surpass the threshold of evilness.

Even still, I cannot seem to comprehend the overwhelming amount of attraction I feel for this girl who has never spoken a word to me, much less myself having spoken to her. Regardless, I find the lingering need to protect her, always.

It started off as admiration, a simple crush, and somehow morphed into something much more passionate. Something much more dangerous than some simple little crush.

Blatant obsession.

She plagues my every thought like the true obsession she is. Not that I mind. No matter what I do, they never leave me. I cannot seem to form a single thought without the subject shifting to her.

About how absolutely perfect she is. Her perfect golden brown skin, to the loose curls atop her head that cascade along the length of her back, stopping just above the beginning of her hips. Her perfectly heart shaped face that adds to the overall innocence of her being. My favorite feature on the girl being her siren like eyes accompanied by her chestnut brown and orbs. Her nose was like that of most African American features, showcasing the clear roots of its West African inheritance. Her two-toned lips were big and rounded, the point of her cupids bow being near to nonexistent. She had a pear shaped body, the width of her bust being much less than that of her hips which spread wide. The girl stood at about five feet nine inches, seven inches shy of my six foot four inch frame. She was absolutely perfect even down to the aspect of her height.

~
Omnipresent pov
~

Every morning at exactly 8:20, Finn patiently sat in a far back booth awaiting the arrival of the sweet innocent girl. He watched carefully as the girl from the coffee shop sipped her light brown coffee, her chestnut brown orbs glued to the page of her book. He sipped on his own jet black drink, stealing glances at the innocent girl who never spared him a glance, if she did, she did quite well at hiding it.

Finn didn't even know her name, but he was hopelessly infatuated with the girl. How she absentmindedly tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. The soft smile that sometimes played across her lips as she read something amusing. He watched her intently, committing every little detail and mannerism to memory.

Part of him knew it was bordering on creepy to obsess over a complete stranger this way. But he couldn't help himself. In his mind, he spun endless romantic fantasies about introducing himself, striking up a conversation, and sweeping her off her feet. Though realistically, he knew he'd likely freeze up and blow it if he ever actually tried to talk to her.

Still, Finn held out hope that one day their paths would somehow manage to cross. Maybe she'd drop her book and he'd gallantly return it to her. Or maybe he'd work up the nerve to finally ask her out after weeks of watching her from afar. He clung to that fantasy like a lifeline, addicted to catching glimpses of her light brown skin and dark, expressive eyes from across the coffee shop every morning.

Then at exactly 10:00, she was off to her art studio. Tailing her from a safe distance, he allowed his hand to rest on the gun lounging in his waist band. His need to ensure her safety trumping the nagging voice in his mind, reprimanding him for obsessing over the girl.

Once safe and sound in the comfort of the lone studio, he'd sit in the abandoned room beside hers, watching through the one sided mirror he'd had installed ever since he'd first seen the girl three months ago. He'd watch in awe as her delicate hands tug at the clay before her, molding each section into perfection.

She'd innocently bite at her bottom lip, oblivious to Finns deep attraction towards her.

He could not for the life of him understand why he found himself bewitched by her gentle demeanor and pure aura. It was completely knew to him. What he once perceived as weakness, was now something he found himself yearning for.

He'd been alone his whole life, and if he were being completely honest, he was content with allowing it to be that way for the rest of his life. He obtain himself an heir, maybe two for the security of him empire and live the rest of his days out alone. Unattached to the idea of love for it only lead to pain and heartbreak. That is until this tender soul waltz into his life.

He didn't want to be alone anymore though. She was not an option, she was a necessity and he needed to find a way to get to the girl.

He knew it was selfish, bringing the girl into his world, but he found himself unable to focus unless he had eyes on her at all times.

He orchestrated reasons to linger in the shadows of her presence rather than running his empire. He didn't want it unless he had someone to share it with, no, not someone, her. He yearned for a connection with her.

He would find a way to have this girl come heaven or hell. He didn't know her name, where she came from, or anything about her really. All he knew was that he felt an inexplicable pull towards this nameless fixation, as if she were a magnetic force drawing him in against his will.

AN:

Sooooo this is a new book I've been working on, I wanted to see if you guys liked it first before publishing because I also wanted some feedback.

DESCRIPTION: In a city consumed by darkness, a haunting presence becomes obsessed with a fragile soul, their lives intertwine in unexpected ways. Though he himself is beyond the point of innocence, she is the perfect embodiment. Looming in the shadows of her presence, he watches the nameless girl from a distance, allowing his careless heart to fall deeper and deeper in love with her.

 Looming in the shadows of her presence, he watches the nameless girl from a distance, allowing his careless heart to fall deeper and deeper in love with her

*Cute lil book cover

I apologize for any grammatical errors as well!

Until the next update! Byeeeeeeee! <3.