The Ex I Can't Get Rid Of

Club Insomnia
12:00 am
Omnipresent pov
~

      Her natural sense to use her heart instead of logic and his natural sense to use reason over emotion was always destined by fate to clash, they'd always thought their opposing personalities would in turn balance their relationship out. Perhaps that's why they had ultimately turned out to be incompatible in the end of it all.

At one point, he'd prioritized his career over the relationship in its  entirety. Sloane could not handle the trials and tribulations that came with being the perfect girlfriend of Mason Bianchi.

She could not handle having to be perfect in every way possible, not just physically, but even down to the tiniest quirk of her personality.

She needed to be the perfect balance of funny and intelligent. Speak up, but never speak too much. Always look beautiful and well put together, stand apart from other women in the room, but be modest in the sexiest way possible. It was overwhelming to say the least, though Mason never noticed. Or he simply did not care to notice.

So as her eyes fixated on the figure of the man she once loved, dread began to pool in the depths of her belly. She forcefully cocked her head back, downing the shot she was handed in one swift moment. She felt as the liquid burned a trail of bitterness to the back of her throat. She swallowed the Amber liquid fiercely, its affect leaving a mark with its fiery vengeance.

For a second, their eyes catch with one another, locking into a familiar gaze of ex lovers. And for that one second, she felt her heart flutter for him. The good moments of their relationship that remained in her cranium came knocking her down with full force. Shyly, she spared him a wave, the corners of her mouth slightly tugging into a very small smile. There was a certain glint in his eyes. A vulnerable one that allowed her a better glimpse into his true emotions. A mix of reminiscences, sorrow, and desire. All emotions she herself could relate and identify with.

He waved his big calloused hand back at her. A smile tugging at his lips as well. 'Hi.' How mouthed to her. 'Hey' she mouthed back.

She'd nearly talked herself into walking over to him to fully reacquaint herself. Maybe re-spark what they had once had. But as if on cue, like her guardian angel had been protecting her from more heartbreak and embarrassment, Mason was yanked closer to the side of the beautiful blonde beauty he'd come here with. She'd looked Sloane up and down, and like a (blank) marking their territory, she pulled him down to her and placed her lips on his.

The kiss was slow and passionate. Filling to the brim with lust and desire. Whatever Mason had once seen in Sloane for those few seconds was diminished to every bit of nothing by this kiss. It seemed to her that this kiss was not enough to satiate his needs. The hunger he felt for this girl was never ending, something Sloane herself had never experienced with him before. She felt his ceaseless desire to be with her just from this one kiss. He loved her.

With a flash of embarrassment due to watching this kiss for far too long, she turned away. The pangs of loss and misfortune taunted the beating of her heart.

She'd sat in discomfort, subjected to the piecing gaze of the blonde on Mason's arm. She'd take a sip of her drink, pretending as though she did not notice the scrutiny directed towards her, wishing and praying that her friends would finish with their fun so she could go home. This night was supposed to be fun, but instead, she'd been forced to endure the awkwardness of being in the same place as someone she'd cut ties with long ago.