Take Care of You

***************
Play the song...if you want 🧍🏽‍♀️ I find it harder to read with the actual words so I linked the instrumental and the regular one above.

Ps: listen with headphones!

Apologies in advance for any grammatical errors. Feel free to drop a comment where I mess up so I can fix it.
****************
Venice, Italy
Savannah's pov
8:00 pm
~

Shuffling along the beautifully lit streets of Venice, I tug at my now fiancé's arm to move him along to the beach. "Baby, where are you taking me?" He chuckled a throaty laugh that touched the air around us ever so gently.

"It's a surprise." I beam, adding a bit of a skip in my walk.

After the proposal yesterday, I just knew I had to do something for him. He had made this whole vacation the most special days of my life. It was him and him alone who had taken care of me and all of my needs for two years now. He's the most perfect man I have ever gotten the pleasure to be with.

It was all about him now.

After a minutes worth of running from our villa, we finally made it to the beach.

The sweet nostalgic aroma of the beach invaded my nostrils. The salty yet coconuty fragrance was one I had locked away in the deepest part of my brain for safekeeping. I listened on for the crashing of the waves pounding against each other as if they were playing a game of wrestling. We strip our feet naked of their clothing, letting the sand sink in between each digit. Feeling the breeze rush past my body, I soak in the loveliness that is nature. This is beautiful.

This is absolutely perfect.

I lead him to the beautifully lit tent I had set up for us earlier today. Pulling his seat out for him, a deep gutty laugh soon erupted form the pit of his very core. He just shoots me that same beautifully white smile, eyes twinkling with pure adoration. "Thank you, baby."

"Anything for you." I smile back. I can't help but stare at his perfectly chiseled face.

God, what did I do to deserve someone as perfect as him!

"I ask myself the same question every day I look at you." He sighs.

I can't believe I said that out loud-

"Stop being cute, it's my turn." I scold him jokingly.

"You don't know how much you mean to me." I nearly whisper, though he could hear me perfectly. "You always care for me, like no other man has. And you love me unconditionally even though I upset you sometimes. If I had to spend forever with someone, I'm glad I get to spend it with you." Tears brim my eyes as I connect my hands with his.

And though my vision is blurry, I can see the tears pooling in his own, threatening to spill at any moment. "You saved me." He whispers, running his thumb along the back of my hand. "I don't know what I would have done if it weren't for you." I can see him choking back a few cries, obviously trying not to ruin this moment though I definitely wouldn't mind.

I love him. Any emotion he's feeling, he's safe to express them to me.

He pulled me by my hand, helping me walk around the table until I was seated comfortably on his lap. "I appreciate and love you so much." He stated, placing a gentle kiss to my lips.