Cupid

London, England
Cupid's pov
September 12th, 10:00 am
~

In the beginning, it was a job for the Gods to present the gift of love to the humans. It was a process of conjoining two split souls into one. The other half of them to complete the bond of true soulmates. Only, the humans took this gift for granted. Sleeping outside of the bond gifted to them, denying their soulmates, All things that would without a doubt hurt the person on the other end of their bond. They were greedy creatures by nature, so being gifted just one mate was not enough to satiate their needs.

So to punish them, the Gods denied the humans the gift of finding their true soulmates, allowing them to endure the misery of a dormant soulmate bond. Their lives were never fully fulfilled with true love. Never having the sense of being complete.

Only the God born of pure love and forgiveness could ever restore the process of conjoining true soul mates.
And over the course of 100 centuries, the humans had endured this punishment.

He is known as Cupid to the humans, Eros, God of Love, passion, and physical desire to the Gods. He is the son of Ares–God of war- and Aphrodite–the goddess of beauty, sex, and desire.

He embodies the essence of beauty like no other. Striking blue eyes that are too hard to miss even if you tried. They captivate you, almost as though they are hypnotizing you to pay attention to them. Forbidding you from tearing your gaze from them even if you wanted to. The man had jet black raven hair, a loose pattern of curls enveloping themselves into one perfect mess. His cheekbones were high and pulled back sharply, a perfectly angled jawline to match the sharpness of his cheekbones. His lips were coated in a very light pink tint, round and perfect in shape, his cupids bow adding to the preciseness of his face. And when flashed his beautiful smile, it naturally gave you the affect of calmness, making you want to just melt into his embrace. His nose protruded from his face in a straight point, a slight crook in its bridge. What his body lacked in fat, he made up for in muscle. He's was perfect.

~
Cupid's pov
~

I am tired of mending broken hearts when I cannot even remedy my own. I want to love someone, and I want them to love me back, but it is not possible. Your heart is meant for another, yet I cannot bring myself to introduce the concept of love to you both, yet. Maybe not ever.

I want to be selfish, deny you both the right to true love's embrace. Have you all to myself as my heart truly desires you. But how could I even claim to be the God of Love if I denied them both the right to each other.

I am pulled from my thoughts as her eyes lock on mine.

Wait-

That's not supposed to happen, this cannot happen. In that moment, I feel a bond snap into place. My eyes widen in shock. A slight smile curves her lips as she now feels a pull towards me. She...she imprinted on me.

It is said that if a human locks eyes with a God or Goddess, they can imprint themselves to said God or Goddess, but only if a deep desire is established on both sides.

It is extremely rare for a human not to find attraction in a God or Goddess, but it is, however, less common within the Gods to find a human attractive. The Gods are cocky little bastards.

She staggers towards me, her eyes lighting up with what seems to be curiosity. "I don't mean to intrude on your evening," she begins in her thick southern accent. "But I- I felt the need to come to you."

I said nothing to the woman. For the first time in my life, I had absolutely nothing to say. I was completely baffled by the new revelation of our bond.

She is meant for another. This is wrong, yet I cannot bring myself to sever myself for this girl. She's got her hooks so deep in me that I don't even feel the need to separate from her. I don't want to be free.

"I have wanted to talk to you for a while now." I  admit mindlessly.

An expression of surprise passes over her perfect features before allowing contentment to replace the expression. She smiles gently up at me.

"What's your name, sweet girl?" NiaGrace.

"I'm NiaGrace." She sticks her hand out with a joyful smile curving her lips.

I of course take her hand into my own, visibly shivering from the sparks of our connection. "Eros." I bow slightly, placing a gentle kiss atop the back of her hand.

Her cheeks darken to a deep shade of pink as she cannot fight the furious blush overpowering her. "I like that name." Her country accent is all but harsh. It's sweet, captivating, delicate. "Eros, it's unique." She says, tasting the sound of my name on her tongue and oh does it sound absolutely heavenly.

I could listen to her say my name all day long.

"Tell me, NiaGrace, what's a fine country girl like yourself doing all the way from home in a big city like London?"

Her eyes light up like it's her favorite subject or something.

"All my life I've wanted to come to London. It's a beautiful city, really. All the culture, and people, I love it here." As though I've reminded her of the beauty surrounding her, she turns from me, allowing her beautiful big brown eyes to roam the brightly lit city.

I've learned two things today. One, I allowed a human girl to imprint on me, And Two, I don't plan on breaking that bond. I want her all for myself, I will have her all to myself. I am a God, but I am a man before that. A man who has needs. And just about all of those needs involve her.

AN:

I pookieeeeeeees!

I'm doing so good with these updates I'm so proud of myself! 😭

This story was so hard to write like I really had to try and be creative and think outside of the box on this one. I think it's so adorable. I'd definitely watch their movie! 😭

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this really short story. 😭

I apologize for any grammatical errors as well!

Until the next update! Byeeeeeeee! <3.