Enemy's to Lovers pt. 1

Wilson & Johnson Law Firm
Korii's pov
11:00 pm
~

Matthew Wilson and I have been enemy's since elementary school.

Always one upping each other or debating each other's ideologies in  class. It's gotten the both of us detention quite a few times.

It didn't help that our dads were best friends and owned the law firm we'd soon be working at.

On all holidays, birthdays, or special events, the bond between our fathers forced us into an unwanted false friendship.

And all of that went away only for it to start back up 7 years later at Wilson & Johnson Law Firm.

We were the top of our classes, and soon the top two attorneys at the Firm.

He took on the civil cases, usually dealing with business, while I tackled Family and criminal cases.

After forgetting each other for nearly 7 years, you'd think the tension between us would have died down, but it only grew as we were still competing to be the best. I couldn't stand the look on his beautiful face every time we argued. In my opinion it was good reason to commit assault, but in the courts eyes, I knew it wouldn't stick.

And while I have to admit, he made great points, and he happened to carry an intelligent brain on his shoulders, he is not better nor nearly as intelligent as me. No one is.

The nights were the worst. We both refused to leave the firm, working hard on cases just to one up the other.

So as I sit, hand cramping, back aching, with my eyes slowly shutting then bursting back open, a repeated motion of knocking interrupts my train of thought.

I release a heavy sigh.

"Come in." My voice is void of all, if any emotion.

And before my eyes even get a glimpse to see who it is, my nostrils are faster at detecting the person before me. It's the same expensive cologne that covers the air of the firm, exposing the trail of his path. It's the same man that bothers me up to the point of no return.

"What is it that you want, Matthew." I don't dare to look up at him as I already know who it is .

"Just wanted to know if you wanted to go get some dinner with me."

I think for a minute, giving the idea a quick ponder before my stomach makes judgment enough. The grumbling roar of my stomachs starvation sliced through the air like a samurai does his enemy.

"I'll take that as a yes." Matthew releases a throaty chuckle.

I push myself up out of my seat, standing to my full height. Matthew grabs my coat from the rack in the corner of my office and like a gentleman, for the first time ever, he helps me slip on my coat. With one arm pushing through a sleeve followed by the next, I can't help the tingling feeling vibrating throughout the entirety of my stomach. I thank him quickly before exiting my office, making sure to lock its door behind me.

"So, where are we going? Penn Station? Chipotle? Fusian?" Taking a sharp inward breath, I continue to tease Matthew, "Don't tell me you're taking me to McDonald's? Well if that's the case you can forget about getting another date with me mister." I giggle to myself, finding myself to be quite hilarious as he simply smiled shaking his head.