t h r e e

SHANE AND I MET EVERYONE THAT WAS IN THE GROUP WITH. i clicked with daryl, carol, andrea and amy mainly. i knew that daryl and i were going to be good friends. shane told everyone that daryl and i are alike because we're both stubborn.

daryl chuckled at that and turned around to go hunt. we were all waiting to see on the radio if anyone was going to talk in to it. we were sitting for about an hour and heard somebody's voice.

"broadcasting in emergency channel. will be approaching atlanta on highway 85. anybody reads, please respond."

we all started to turn around as we heard the radio. "hello. hello. can anybody hear my voice?"

i picked up the com and started talking into it. "hey. hello?" apparently the voice didn't hear me.

"can you hear my voice?"

"y-yes i can hear you. you're coming through. over." i said.

the guy kept talking. i couldn't put my finger on it but the voice sounded so familiar.

i got up, giving up on us getting help. amy then took my place. "he couldn't hear me. i couldn't warn him." amy looked at dale.

he pointed, "try to raise him again." he turned and looked at shane. "come on, son, you know best how to work this thing." shane put his arm around my waist to calm me down. i'm a friendly way. apparently lori saw and she looked jealous.

the damned woman needs to know that i don't like her so called man. she's basically cheating on rick. i don't like it. shane said he was dead. i think that's what he thinks. i don't believe though.

"hello, hello. is the person who called still on the air? this is officer shane walsh broadcasting to person unknown. please respond." the radio kept crackling when shane let the button go. he put the com down. "he's gone."

lori turned her head and looked at me. "there are others. it's not just us." lori said.

"i mean yeah, but we don't know if their bad or good." i tried to reason with her. i just wanted to be cautious in case something were to happen.

"we knew there would be, right?" shane said looking at lori. i knew that he loved her and that she loved him. i think that she only does because she's trying to get her mind off of rick. wouldn't we all. i wish i had a somebody.

there was this cute asian guy. i saw him before he went on a run with some other people. we shook hands and greeted each other. he was pretty cute.

"that's why we left the C.B. on."

"a lot of good it's been doing." lori brought me out of my thoughts as he kept talking.

shane turned his head, "okay."

"and i've been saying for a week. we ought to put signs up on 85 to warn people away from the city." lori said.

"folks got no idea what they're getting into." amy said as she shook her head.

"well, we haven't had time, really." i reasoned with lori.

"i think we need to make time." there it is and her big smart ass mouth. lori can really get on my nerves sometimes.

i turned around and rubbed my face, "look, you don't need to be talking to me with that disrespect, lori. i will and i won't take it. you understand me. maybe if you and-" i tried to finish as shane put his hand over my mouth to keep me from talking. sometimes i let words slip when i'm angry.

"okay, we don't want to start anything. we're on each others sides." shane reasoned with us. "what you were saying lori, that's a luxury we can't afford." he rubbed his chin. "we are surviving here. we are day to day."

"and who the hell would you propose we send?" dale spoke up.

i rose my hand a little. "i will. and anybody else who will." i suggested.

"i will, too. give pres and i a vehicle." lori told me. i nodded my head at her for her agreement.

shane rubbed his head. "no body goes anywhere alone. you know that." shane said to us.

i shook my head while lori walked off. "shane don't play with me now. this is a good thing we'd be doing." i tried to reason with him but he wasn't having it.

"no. no, i'm not letting you risk you're life out there." shane pointed to no where. he raised his voice a little. "i don't want to loose you too. you're the only grimes i've got left in my life. rick would want me to take care of you and not get you hurt." shane sighed and rubbed his face from sweat.

i turned my head, "what? and risk everyone else's life that goes to the city? i get that this is what rick would want you to do. you and i both know that he'd have the same idea." i told shane.

"that's why he wouldn't want you to do it. please, don't do it, pres." shane said finally looking into my eyes.

"fine. come on, carl. shane can go talk to you're momma. let's go to the pond that's down there. how's that sound?" i asked him as he grabbed my hand.

"yeah. you think mom will be okay?" he asked me.

i didn't know what to say. i was at a loss of words. "uhm, yeah. shane and i, we've got you're mommas back. we won't let anything happen to you or you're momma. ya' hear?" he nodded his head and sat on the ground.

he sighed and looked up at that sky. "you think dads in heaven?" he turned and looked at me.

"i— yeah, i do. you're father, my brother, loris husband, shane's best friend, you're daddy. he's a— was a good man. of course he'd be in heaven."

"carl, i thought i told you to stay in dales sight." loris voice came up behind us.

"he was okay with me. he's in good hands don't worry lori." i tried to reassure her but it didn't look like she wanted me near carl.

"get back to camp carl." she waited until he was out of earshot. "look, i don't want you near my son. understand?" okay this bitch can be bipolar at times.

"but i'm his aunt. you seriously telling me that i can't see my own nephew? i don't think rick would like that very much." i admitted to her.

"yeah, well, he's not here is he, presley?" lori sneered at me. she was getting on my nerves.

"do not talk about my brother—you're husband like that! you understand me? huh? what, do you understand me?!" shane had to break us apart. mainly me. becuase i would have fought her ass right here, right now.

"go back to camp, pres." i gave him a look as he gave me one as well. "go." he motioned for me to walk forward.

"have fun with you're little get together. i guess i know whose side you're really on, shane." i sneered and walked off back to my tent, not wanting to talk to anybody.