f i v e

WE WERE ALL SITTING AROUND THE CAMP FIRE TALKING. glenn asked me to sit with him and so i did. rick was talking his mind. i hated what he had to go through just to get to us.

"disoriented. i guess that comes closest. disoriented. fear. confusion. all those things. but that comes closest." rick said aloud as he looked at me.

dale put his drink down, "words can be meager things." he admitted. "sometimes they fall short." dale should be a poet if we ever make it out of this world.

"i felt like i'd been ripped out of my life and put somewhere else. for a while i thought i was trapped in some coma dream, something i might not wake up from ever." rick told us.

carl spoke up, "mom said you died." poor thing. i knew it was hard for him to go through that. without a dad. but hey, he's here now and alive.

"she had every reason to believe that. don't you ever doubt it." rick told carl.

i could see the way shane and lori looked at each other. it made my skin crawl. i wanted to throw up from it.

i spoke up finally, "the hospital called one day and said that they were gonna send you and the other patients to atlanta when things all started to go to shit here." a fear fell down my face and i was quick to swipe it off of my face. "but it never happened." tears started to flow a little more. i got up. "sorry. don't want y'all to see me like this." i walked off to my tent.

as i was walking i could hear somebody following. i knew it wasn't rick. carl was on lap as lori was leaning against his shoulder.

i walked into my tent and sat down on my cot. the person who was following myself revealed themselves. it was glenn. why did he follow me?

he sat down next to me and put his hand on my knee trying to comfort me. "i know we don't know each other much but, i really like you. uhm, wait, not in t-that way of course. i'm not meaning to sound weird but if you need anyone to talk to you can talk to me. i mean not trying to be because y-you are attractive. i didn't mean to make it seem like you weren't." glenn rubbed the back off his neck as i saw a blush crawling up his neck.

this made me blush, "i- uhm, thank you. i mean like, you're attractive too. also if you need anyone to talk to you can talk to me as well. i didn't mean to cry in front of everyone. it shows that i'm weak." i admitted. it's been at times where i go to my tent randomly and start crying.

glenn gave me a look. "stop. you're not weak. it only shows that you've been strong for so long. don't say that you're weak because we've just met and i can tell by the way i see you kill those walkers." glenn tried to make me feel better. it was working. let's see how long this lasts.

"you know, you're gonna be my new best friend. if this world never went to shit then i wouldn't have met my new best friend, you." i smiled at him.

"and you're my new best...i guess." he laughed as i looked at him with a bewildered look.

i looked at him and laughed. "i guess?" i chuckled and hit his arm.

i put my head on his shoulder and sighed. he put his head on my head. i was beginning to fall asleep. as i felt someone lift the covers over me. i opened my eyes. i noticed glenn was about to leave so i grabbed his wrist.

"wait. stay with me? please? i don't want to be alone." i admitted to him.

"sure."

he put the covers up and got in the bed next to me. i snuggled into his chest and he put an arm around me securely.

__________

okay, so i don't know if they started something a little too soon but it's whatever.

ima make them get to know each other a little more.

you'll see when they start developing more of a relationship.

urs truly, XOXO