t h i r t e e n

WE GOT BACK TO CAMP AND THERE WAS WALKERS SURROUNDING CAMP. it was scary. i had to toughen up though. there were screams back at camp. gunshots. it was a mess.

"oh my god." rick breathed out.

"well, shit." i mumbled under my breath, running faster. i thought of carl. i could hear his screams. i needed to save them. or at least a few of them.

i was trying to shoot the walker in front of me but another caught me off guard and knocked me over. "presley!" i could hear glenn yell through all of the gunshots.

i kicked the walker off of me and stabbed it in the head. i stood up, putting my hands on my knees. glenn ran over to me and put his hand on my lower back for comfort. "i'm good. didn't get bit. i'm alright." i reassured him.

i felt him let out a breath of relief has he pulled me into a hug. "i thought—i thought when that walker knocked you over that the other bit you." he breathed out.

i chuckled into the crook of his neck. " never thought you'd be the one to care about somebody like me." i dryly laughed.

"oh, come on. of course i care about you." he reassured me. i gave him a small smile and got back to the rest of the group.

there were still some walkers and gunshots going on. "shane! what do we do?" i asked him as i jogged up to him, lori and carl.

carl let go of lori and went to hug me around the waist. he was about as tall as my hip since i wasn't that tall. i was 5'0.

"follow me!"

amy got bit. i understood that andrea didn't want to shoot her but she was going to end up being a walked anyways.

shane was yelling for carol, her daughter, lori and carl to stay close. of course i didn't. i had to go and kill some walkers.

glenn was trying to kill one as another one came up behind him. "glenn! behind you!" i yelled out to him.

he turned around and stabbed the walker in the neck. i ran over and stabbed it in its skull, letting it fall to the ground. "don't mess with my—" i paused seeing the look he gave me. "best friend." i gulped. i don't know what i was going to say in all honesty.

"yeah, that's right. don't mess with me." i laughed at his sly comment.

rick came running into the camp killing some of the walkers that were left once we all ran out of ammo. "baby! carl! pres!" he yelled multiple times.

i moved from glenn going over to a crying carl that was in ricks arms. "it's alright. we're okay. we're safe." i told carl. "i just don't know for how long." i mumbled under my breath. i guess lori heard me because she started rubbing my shoulder in comfort.

i walked back over to glenn who was next to dale.

"so, what happens now?"