s i x

I WOKE UP TO SEE THAT GLENN WASNT IN MY TENT ANYMORE. i got up and got dressed into a blue tank top and black shorts i got from my house before the dead could get to me. i put on my old tennis shoes that i used to wear to school. i'm glad schools over to be honest. i don't think this was the best way to cut off school though.

i walked out of my tent and walked over to glenn who was staring at the new car that he got. he looked bummed out that they were taking it apart.

rick walked up to us and glenn motioned for rick to look at the car. "look at em. vultures. yeah, go on, strip it clean." glenn sounded disappointed as he said that.

i chuckled and looked at a smirking rick. "generators need every drip of fuel they can get. got no power without it. sorry, glenn." dale patted him on his shoulder trying to make him a little better.

he had his arms crossed, "thought i'd get to drive it at a few more days." glenn still sounded disappointed much to my dismay.

"well, maybe we'll get to steal another one some day." i tried to reassure him. it probably wasn't going to happen but one can dream.

rick walked off to go talk to lori. "how do you feel about this?" glenn asked me.

i looked up at him. he was like at least three inches taller than me. "i mean, it's a nice car and all but, makes to much noise, glenn. i get that you really liked that car but, you and i both know that now with this shitty world we can't have good things. i'm sorry, glenn." i put my hand on his shoulder for reassurance.

glenn nodded his head, looking back at his new car that he had just got. "yeah. yeah, i guess you're right, pres. no need to dwell on the past. hopefully i'll find another cool car some day." he smiled and we stood there in a comfortable silence.

about five minutes later shane came back to camp with his black jeep. i didn't necessarily like jeeps since they don't last very long. his was alright i guess.

he turned off the jeep and stepped out of his car. "waters here, y'all. just a reminder to boil before use." shane reminded for us to do.

we all heard a scream from in the woods. i heard carl yell for me and his mom. "carl!" i yelled. i started running towards where the screaming was.

glenn was right behind me trying to catch up with my running. "rick! pres!" he tried to stop me but i kept running. i'm assuming he gave a gun to rick.

we got to the kids and carl ran into his moms arms. she was reassuring him that everything was okay.

i looked around trying to find the walker, "where the hell is it?" i asked as i kept running forward. glenn was at my left as shane was to my right. we were pointing our guns at the walker.

he was eating a dead deer. "son of a bitch." i mumbled as i walked closer. shane had grabbed my wrist so i couldn't walk forward, shaking his head at me, telling me to stay.

i wasn't no damn dog. there were two arrows in the deer. must've been daryl who shot it. guess the walker got to the deer before daryl could.

the walker then got up and started for rick. he wacked it in the head making it go to shane as he it in the head with the back of his gun. morales then took a hit at the walker. everyone started beating it. i wasn't able to do anything because they didn't want me to get hurt. i'm grown. i'm not a child. i can take care of myself.

i walked over, "damn guys, just kill the damn thing." i motioned for dale to hit the walker in the head. he cut the head right off of its body.

"it's the first one we've ever had up here." dale pointed out to us. "they never come this far up the mountain." he told us.