f o u r t e e n

I DECIDED THAT I WAS GOING TO GO ON A RUN BY MYSELF, TODAY. i woke up early enough to where no one would be up or would be able to hear me.

i got my things ready. like my bag, some water, my gun, my knife. basically anything to help me get through the day or night if i were to get stuck with a lot of walkers around.

i decided i would walk since driving would wake everyone up. "alright, this is going to be a good day." i told myself. i didn't want to believe that it was going to be a bad day. i mean any day is really a bad day; only if you make it that.

i walked for what seemed about an hour and got to a little town. it was run down and a couple of walkers strolling around the place. i crouched down by a car getting my gun ready.

"alright. in and out, presley. you got this." i encouraged myself. if i did that then i would believe that i would get out of a mess that i'd make.

i walked into a pharmacy, grabbing shampoo, lotion, soap, antibiotics, a blanket, some water, condoms. hey, who knows. they could come in handy one day.

i looked at the condoms and just stared at them. "why am i getting condoms for myself? it's not like i'm seeing anyone special." i told myself as i kept walking around the pharmacy to see if there was anything else i needed.

i walked around and saw a keychain. it was a dodge. it had writing on it: nothing is impossible if you just believe it can happen.

i thought of glenn and put it in my back pocket of my jeans. i found a key chain of a sheriffs hat and thought of rick and shane. luckily there was like five more. so, i grabbed two and put it in my bag.

i walked around and found something daryl might like. it looked exactly like his quiver but it was a key chain.

"daryl would totally like this." i smirked to myself.

i kept walking around grabbing different things off of shelves. i saw something that spooked me. in the mirror by the register it had a reflection of a dead person who looked like they bled out.

i backed up against some glass on a shelf and knocked most of it over on the ground. the walkers turned around and looked at me.

"shit."

i started to run to the back of the store as the walkers were trying to come in through the front. it felt like something was blocking the door. i kept pushing and pushing until finally the door opened some how.

it was a guy. he looked me up and down and then charged for me. "hey, stay back!" i yelled at him. but he kept coming for me.

i got my knife out and lunged for him. he simply dodged my attack and got his knife out and ripped some of my shirt, piercing my skin with his knife.

i looked down, putting my hand on the cut. i hisssd in pain as i tried to put pressure on it. i looked back up and stabbed him on the arm.

he yelled in pain and then got a hold of me. i tried elbowing him but it made him stab me in the side of my stomach.

i cried in pain, feeling my eyes water up. i kept pushing and kicking but nothing would work at first.

i then thought of glenn. i've been taking a liking towards him lately. i wasn't going to tell him anything yet. i thought it was too soon to tell glenn. i was going to tell him at a better time.

i stabbed the guy in the nuts. that made him let go of me. he put aside the pain and pushed me against the wall, trying to put the knife in my chest.

adrenaline shot through me at the fact that if i died i'd be leaving glenn, carl, shane, lori, and daryl and dale. i couldn't leave them. i just couldn't.

so, i took his knife and turned it around trying my hardest putting it into his chest. finally when i got more strength, he gave up, letting me stab him in the chest. killing him.

i was a killer.

i dropped the knife from my hand and grabbed my own knife, putting it back into my shoe. i then grabbed my bag and started lemming back to the way camp was.

i made sure to look out for any walkers. a couple walked up on me and i killed them. it was a little hard with my vision starting to get blurry.

i felt like i was going to pass out. i couldn't. not yet. i had to get back to the camp. everyone was probably really worried about me.

i walked down the hill, seeing camp. i saw everyone gathered around the camp fire. i could see the fire going. it was blurry. night must've been coming quickly. i didn't know how long i was gone. i guess i was the whole day since i had to walk up there, took extra time to look around, then got into that awful fight.

i got down to camp, limping around the cars. i saw glenn. "glenn." i rasped out.

i saw him turn his head quickly then stood up, basically running over to me. "presley!" he yelled, catching me as i fell into his arms.

i kept hearing different people yelling my name but i wasn't listening i was looking at glenn until everything finally went dark.