t w e n t y - s e v e n

"GIVE ME PLAY BACK OF TS-19." the doctor said to VI.

"play back of TS-19."

"few people ever got a chance to see this." jenner informed us all. "very few." he paused as the screen was still loading.

"is that a brain?" carl spoke up, looking between jenner and i. i slowly nodded my head. it was a normal brain. definitely not.

jenner nodded his head, "an extraordinary one." he leans to carl then leans back up. "not that it matters in the end." he had his hands crossed behind his back. "take us in for E.IV..." he said to VI.

i was situated next to daryl. i still didn't know how to feel about glenn. it was weird. like him and i have always been close ever since we found each other when this whole shit show started.

i mean, he's my best friend and if we're ever more i definitely don't want to go messing that up. i think i'm just scared, you know? that feeling when you know that you really like someone but you don't want to get hurt in the end becuase you know you will.

that's how i feel right now. i feel like i'm the end he doesn't actually like me and that he's playing with my feelings. i know that i should think like that but i can't help it in all honesty.

i was brought back to reality from my thoughts will a slight nudge, "hey," daryl started, looking me in the eye. "you alright? you've been zoned out for a good ten minutes so far." he looked concerned. i didn't need him to be so i just gave him a smile.

i patted his shoulder, about to walk off, "yeah. i'm good. just thinking things over. don't worry about me daryl. worry about us finding your brother. he's a tough son of a bitch, i know he's still out there somewhere." i reassured him.

i started walking off but he grabbed my wrist, "where you going?" he turned me around so i could look at him.

i shrugged, "where ever my feet take me, i guess." i got out of his grip and stalked off down the hallway. i didn't want to listen to jenner talking about his deceased wife. it only made me think about my parents and older brother whom was outside.

i found a place to sit at, taking out my brothers cross necklace, "i wish you were here with us, landon. i miss you, mom and dad. it's not the same without the three of you." i silently started crying so that no one could hear my cries of pain.

i heard footsteps so i quickly wiped my tears. it was rick. just rick, "hey, you okay, press?" rick sat down beside me, "glenn and daryl is worried about you. so am i by the way. told the rest that you're just a little sick. daryl didn't believe me; neither did glenn." rick looked at our brothers cross necklace in my hand.

"i bet landon would be proud of you. how your taking your role of being a leader. always knew you could." i sniffled, wiping my tears with my sleeve.

clearly rick saw becuase he grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. he rubbed my back as i started to cry more. it was muffled since i was crying into his shirt.

"hey, it's okay. landon's in a better place now. i bet he's proud of you too. he served our country well. he didn't die in vain." he tried to make me feel better but i don't know if it was working so much, "hey, you know what? let's go visit glenn."

i groaned, lifting my tear stained face from my brothers shirt, "do we have to? i'm kind of still ignoring him." i complained.

rick looked confused as his eyebrows were furrowed, "why's that?" he asked me.

"i—i just feel as if in the end he's going to hurt me and i don't want to go through that pain again, you know?" i opened up to rick.

he rubbed my back, "hey, glenn's a good guy. it may take a bit for me to adjust that y'all are sort of hooking up but i know he won't hurt you. i can see that he really cares about you, press." he put me over his shoulder, "now, come on, let's pay glenn a little visit," he walked down to glenn's room and knocked on his door.

i was slightly hoping he wasn't in there but i know i needed to see him soon. he was good at comforting me and i will admit, i do miss him.

"come in." a strained voice came from inside the room. rick opened the door, placing me down on glenn's bed muttering us to make up and then quickly left the room.

after a few minutes of silence i decided to break it, "im sorry i've been avoiding you. i—i j-just feel as though you'll hurt me and i don't want to go through that pain." i put my head in my hands.

glenn gently grabbed both of my hands, "hey. im never going to hurt you. we can take this slow if you want so that you can build up your trust for this. i'll wait for you." he admitted. i was in awe at the fact that he had basically just said that he'd wait for me.

i gave him a small smile, "that's really sweet. what if im the one to hurt you in the end though? im scared, glenn. i feel like something bad is about to happen." i started to tear up. it was never good when i had that kind of gut feeling.

glenn pulled me in a hug, "hey, it's alright. it's probably nothing. we've only been here for a day or so. i'll keep you safe. i promise." i smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

i knew glenn was being genuine. i'm glad that he's agreeing to let me take things slow becuase in a time like this i need to heal. i think i'd rather believe my brother was dead or even alive rather than seeing his dead body.