n i n e

"—can kill merle but merle." i could faintly hear the words as i was beginning to wake up. it sounded like daryl's voice.

"don't—on faith—of blood." it sounded like rick but i couldn't hear everything he was saying. i think i was trying to readjust to everything.

i groaned trying to move and everyone turned to look at me. "you bit? did it bite you, pres?" rick asked me. it looked like his lip was trembling from asking me that question.

i shrugged, "no, but if you don't believe go ahead and check me for any bites. except you rick, it'd be weird if ya' own sibling looked at you're body." i chuckled dryly.

rick scoffed playfully, "you just woke up and you're already back to same old presley grimes." he was messing around with me.

i tried to laugh but it only hurt my rib cage. "oh! son of a bitch!" i seethed, leaning my head against the wall in pain.

glenn quickly came down to my side before the others could. it looked like he's been really worried. "what's wrong? you need anything? you gave me a fright when you passed out." he gave me a dry laugh.

i smiled at him noticing his brown eyes. you could get lost in them but i had to quickly compose myself. "no, no, i'm good. just hurts to breath kinda." i shrugged, clearing my throat. "hey, yall go back to finding daryl. i'll be fine right here." i assured them.

rick looked at me hesitantly and then nodded. "alright, have this ready if a walker tried to get ya'." he gave me a knife, technically my knife that i had dropped.

glenn moved away and got up from his knee. daryl eyed me as if he didn't want to continue. i got it they were worried about me. i nodded my head at him reassuring id be alright.

about five minutes later i heard yelling. "get your hands off me! you can't stop me!" it sounded like daryl.

the rest was muffled. i could kind of hear rick but, not enough to hear what he was really saying.

"what's going on? everything all right?" i raised my voice at nothing. i heard a loud scoff and then daryl came back into view first. "you alright?" i asked him.

he nodded his head at me. "yeah, yeah, i'm alright, pres. no need to worry." he gave me a dry chuckle.

"yeah, well, i'm gonna worry about you." i gave him a look. "as i'm gonna worry about everyone else i care about. ya' hear me, daryl? i. care. about. you." i chuckled when he nodded his head and laughed at my stubbornness.

"we gotta get those guns. i ain't strolling through the streets of atlanta with just my good intentions." t-dog spoke up as everyone else came into view.

i gave them a confused look. "we getting those guns, now? i can help." i offered.

glenn scoffed lightly, "no. not in the shape you're in. i mean you just woke up from being passed out." he opposed to my idea quickly. dang. i'm just tryna help.

rick nodded his head, "glenn's right. you can't be walking around those streets after you just woke up." he paused and gave me a look. "when was the last time you had water? and don't lie." rick said sternly.

i signed, "few days ago." i mumbled.

"jesus, pres. you gotta get some water into you're system." daryl scolded me. i nodded my head and leaned back up against the wall.