t w e n t y - t w o

i know. i know. last chapter was a little shorter because i got bored and my hands were tired of typing.

i'll try to write this one longer.

________

i couldn't sleep that night. i was afraid of having the same nightmare i've been dreaming of for a while now. it was of my mom and dad, me and rick when we were younger, and our older brother, landon.

rick looked to be as if he were 15. i looked like what i did when i was 12, since rick was three years older than me. it was of this one memory that i had of my family being happy, nothing screwing it up.

every time at the end of the dream i'd face a death or it would be my parents dying, one was of rick and landon dying.

i felt glenn stir in his sleep beside me. i didn't think he was awake, until i felt him grab for my hand and sit up.

he turned on the light and looked at me, "what are you doing? why aren't you asleep, pres?" he looked concerned as he looked into my eyes, searching for an answer.

i shrugged my shoulders, "i—uhm, couldn't sleep. that's all. go back to sleep." i moved his hair from his face, pushing it to the side.

he sighed, putting his arm around my shoulders. "well, if your awake," he paused. "then i'm awake." he gave me a small smile as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. "and." he said in a sing song voice.

"you said you wanted to get to know each other. we've got the time. until you can fall asleep let's just talk about us. how does that sound?" he looked into my eyes as if he was expecting to get rejected by the offer.

i smiled, "sure. let's start off with simple questions. what's your favorite color?" i knew it was a dumb question but i needed to know.

"blue. what's yours?"

"mine is red. i guess because it was my older brothers and i used to copy him and rick when i was a child. i guess red just stuck, you know?" i looked up at him and saw that he was smiling. he was always smiling. except for when he was angry or sad.

"when the world ended i was a pizza deliver. you know, people would think that people like me would easily die but, somehow here i am." he chuckled under his breath. "still alive." he paused. "what we're you before the world went to shit?"

i sighed, "i was a cop. along with rick and shane. we were always attached by the hip. well, except for when we all had to go home." i paused, playing with glenn's fingers. "when rick got shot—shane and i—we couldn't handle it...so he moved in. he was good company. he didn't have bad anger issues like he does now. i don't know what happened. maybe trauma? stress? who knows." i shrugged my shoulders giving up on the subject.

glenn then smirked looking away from me. "you know," he paused looking at me. "you'd make a pretty hot cop. we've gotten to know each other. it's time for you to go to sleep." he persuaded me.

i groaned, "i'm scared. my nightmare." i sighed, "it's of my family. we're having a good time until at the end of it one of them dies—or i die. i'm scared to see that all over again." i whispered the last part feeling as if i were to cry.

glenn wrapped his arm around my waist, putting his head on top of mine. "hey, you don't have to be scared anymore. you have me. i'll be right here. i won't let anything or anyone get you." he smiled at me, pecking my lips. he told me to lay down so i did.

glenn lied. i'm not mad. the person who did is really good at being super quiet. it didn't take me long until i put two and two together.

daryl.

i sighed, "daryl, why on earth did you take me from my bed? i was fast asleep." i lied. i didn't need him to know about my nightmares too.

he scoffed, "yeah, by the tenseness in you're body you were totally asleep." he didn't believe me.

"you still didn't answer my question though."

"we gotta talk."

____________

ooo you and daryl???

i just kidding i'm just kidding.

when i'm finished with this book i'll do my daryl book.

i've already got a draft on that book.

i hope i'll have good motivation like i do on this book.

anyways, i hope that this chapter was longer than last.

XOXO, urs truly