Chapter 4

"Excuse me?" I ask, blinking. Surely I heard her wrong.

"Kill. Her." Shiba says slowly, probably thinking that I am stupid. I don't care what she thinks.

I don't want to flat out refuse and get both our throats torn out. "Why?"

"Because I said so should be enough for you to do so." She studies me, her brow furrowing.

I don't so much as twitch. "So you so say 'jump' and I'm expected to ask 'how high?' I don't think so."

"Kill her to become a true member of my pack," Shiba orders and I can tell I'm pissing her off. Score.

"If this is your twisted version of a initiation ceremony, I don't think I want to be part of this pack."

"KILL HER," Shiba roars. I can feel a wave of power pulse from her. Her pack mates cower but I stand tall.

"No."

I can see the gears turning in the Alpha's mind. "You are not part of my pack, but I am an Alpha. You should automatically obey me, no matter what."

She glares at me, her eyes turning a blood red. I guess Teen Wolf wasn't all fiction. I feel my eyes flash and I don't know what color, but she nods to herself.

"Think about it, pup." Shiba says before walking away, her pack following her like obedient dogs. Which they kind of are, in a way.

Hunter is still tied up so I walk over to her and notice that she's conscious.

"What the hell just happened?" I grumble.

"I'm not entirely sure, but thank you." Hunter smiles.

I shrug, suddenly shy, and untie her. She shakes her hands, grimacing and rubs her red wrists.

Maybe... Maybe she can be my friend now. I don't have any and even if I did, I don't know how I would tell them I'm a freaking werewolf. Oh, God. How am I going to tell my mom?

It seems like Hunter can tell I'm silently freaking myself out when she places a hand on my arm.

"You're going to be fine," she assures me.

"I'm a bloody werewolf, how will anything be fine?" I groan. My mom's going to kill me.

"Exactly. You're a werewolf now. You're stronger, faster, all that stuff. You don't really need that though, you became even more insanely gorgeous after you turned." I stare at her, mouth agape. She flushes, "Oops. Sorry. I didn't mean to say that." She chuckles and scratches her neck, embarrassed. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or anything."

I shake my head, "I'm just a bit taken back. No one outside of my family has called me anything like that. But family is biased so that doesn't count."

We stare at each other before Hunter blushes again. She clears her throat, "We should get back. It'll be dark soon. We don't want to run into the things that go bump in the night."

"Now I am one of the things that go bump in the night," I sigh dramatically and she laughs.