Chapter 16

"...And I'm joining Stella's pack." Rose turns to us. "If you'll have me."

"You're free to do what you want." I respond. She still looks uncertain, like she thinks I'm about to say just kidding. "I didn't know that I have a pack, but you're welcome to join as long as you don't attack us again."

Rose gives us an adorable wolfy grin, her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth. She walks away from Shiba and her old pack, dipping her head to us, her eyes shining. The unsaid thank you is evident in how her whole body has relaxed.

She stands beside us, facing her the crappy excuse for an alpha. Rose looks happier and more carefree than I've ever seen her. Of course, I haven't known her for long and I'm the reason part missing...

Shiba's eyes are once again red and she growls. "Traitor." She turns her head to glare at the rest of her pack. "Do any of you want to join them?"

They wither under her intense gaze, watching her fearfully.

So that's why they haven't run yet. Fear. Fear is not a good way to lead anything or anyone. It's a good motivator, but betrayal is inevitable. No one wants to live in fear.

Shiba turns to us, bristling. "Think of how much stronger we'd be if you would join me. We would be unstoppable. We could rule the world."

I shake my head. "That's why I will never join you. You want to rule the world. I just to live in it. There's no need to control everything. And no one should have that kind of power."

"Very philosophical." Hunter shakes her pelt lightly, amused.

"I did take philosophy. I was the only sophomore in that class. They all-including the teacher-called me the sophomore."

"Of course they did," Rose chimes in.

"Quiet!" Shiba snarls. "I am up against a gang of pups."

I look up at the night sky. "As pleasant as this wasn't, these pups should probably head to my house. Unless you're a pervert and want to see us naked."

Shiba rolls her eyes so hard I'm surprised they don't just pop out of her head and walks toward their base or whatever they call it. She flicks her tail and her pack scrambles after her.

"Follow me."

The trek back home isn't too far luckily, and being a wolf means seeing the forest differently. I can smell the rodents underground and up above and hear the crackle of a leaf from a while away. It's pretty awesome.

I'm almost disappointed when we reach my house.

"Won't your mother freak out when she sees three giant wolves in her house?" Rose questions.

"She wouldn't notice if the house caught on fire. Don't worry." I lead them up to my room, not bothering attempting to be quiet. "I have extra clothes in my closet."

I shift back, stretching and cracking my back. Rose and Hunter do the same, though they're both blushing and seem a little uncomfortable.

I walk to my closet and toss clothes at them.

I pull a Pikachu shirt over my head and turn to them. They're pulling on their clothes but still look uneasy.

I waggle my eyebrows at them. "Anybody want a threesome?"

They both groan as I laugh. At least they are more relaxed.

Hello again! Holy shit, a thousand views :D Thank you guys for reading this and sticking with the story! Stay awesome!!!