Chapter 17

School is luckily less exciting than Rose and I's fight.

Though it is funny to see the shocked looks as people see the three of us hang out.

I also notice that Rose is in half of my classes, which I guess I'm in my head too much, because I have no memory of her being in this school. Let alone in my grade. In half my classes.

Shows how much I pay attention.

Teachers drone on and students sneak not so subtle looks at us and gossip. Same old, same old.

At lunch we're sitting outside and I make them sit near the shade because I hate the sun. I know, weird right? I just don't like the sensation of my skin burning as the sun beats down on me. I can feel the sunburns forming.

Maybe I'm just sensitive or something.

But this one kid comes over to us and I have no clue who he is... I really will have to pay more attention. He looks between Rose and I and licks his lips.

"So are you two going to fight again? Because yesterday was pretty hot. Who won?"

Horny male teenager. Man, I wish that stereotype wasn't real.

"Stella won," Rose replies, leaning back on her hands in the grass. The creepy boy's eyes take her in like she's a piece of meat. Ugh.

"Hot," he repeats.

I'm glad not all guys are like this one.

"Yeah." I grimace slightly, "sorry about your ear."

Rose just shrugs. "Don't worry about it. At least it looks like I have a cool battle scar or something."

"What happened to your ear?" People have stopped trying to act like they weren't listening to the conversation.

Rose brushes her hair back over her... wounded ear. People gasp.

I wish school could just be over so I won't be the center of attention anymore.

"How the hell did that happen?" Some jock asks.

I wave my long fingernails at them. "Haven't cut them since the third grade."

I smile as some of them look uncomfortable. As if it's so hard to believe. What? I don't like the tingly feeling I get after they're cut.

I breathe a sigh of relief as the bell rings, signaling that lunch is over.

I put the rest of my unrated food in my lunchbox before I freeze. I can feel that someone I don't want near me is near me. I look up.

Of course Shiba's standing there.

Most of the male and some of the female population are gaping at her.

"What do you want?" I mutter, grabbing my lunchbox (yes I still use one I know I'm in high school) and stand up.

"Like I'm so happy to see you after last night." Oh this should be fun. There's no way no one heard that and that they will think anything clean without the context. "You and your... little gang can join me. I won't even kill them."

"My answer is still no."

"Very well." Why does she look so smug? Her pack come out of doors and behind hiding places until they surround us. "If that's your answer I won't give you a choice."