Chapter 42

I take Rose's hand, feeling shy for the first time in a while. She leads me to the kitchen, where she grabs a backpack off the counter.

Rose flashes me a grin that momentarily makes my brain stop working. "Come on."

We walk hand in hand into the forest.

"I just want to let you know I'm a little nervous about this," I say.

"Are you regretting it? Because we can turn back," I can see sadness in her eyes and I frown.

"No, no. I like you. I want to do this. I've just... Never been on a date before." Okay face you can stop turning red now.

Rose smiles and kisses my forehead gently. "To be honest, I'm a bit nervous too. I haven't been on a date for a while and I don't want to mess this up."

"Don't worry, you've already seen me at my worst. There isn't much left to uncover about me. And I doubt you could say or do anything that would make me like you less."

Rose swallows. "Do you mind if I test that theory?"

"Not at all."

"It's just I don't want you to feel like I'm keeping something from you because I know is tell you eventually-"

"Rose. It's fine." I stop walking and hold both of her hands in mine. "Tell me whenever you feel ready."

Her face softens and she murmurs, "How did I get so lucky?" Rose clears her throat, glancing at the ground. "The last person I went on a date with was James."

"Wait, how old are you?"

"17."

"He looks a lot older than that. He's a pedophile too?" I mutter curse words under my breath.

"I guess, yeah. Back in Shiba's pack I was hurt and vulnerable and I let him go out with me for a distraction. My younger self thought that I loved him when really it never was anything like that. Now I guess he thinks he is my boyfriend or something when all it ever was was hanging out."

"Do you want me to punch him for you? Because if not I might anyways."

"No, no. He never hurt me or anything. But that's not the part I'm worried about. Um, Stella, I'm bisexual."

"Okay."

She cocks her head, giving me a confused look. "Okay?"

Now I'm confused. "What do you expect me to say?"

"When I told James it didn't go over so well. He went berserk when I just looked at a girl. Aren't you mad or something? Because you can stop this and go back at any time."

"Your bisexual, not a conservative. That's something I wouldn't go for. I don't care that you're bi."

She laughs and I'm alarmed to see tears in her eyes. I pull her into my arms, trying to hug the pain I know is there out of her.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." We stay like this and I refuse to let go before she does. When we pull away, she just gives me a smile and says, "thank you."

Hello! Thank you all for reading and voting up the chapters!! Stay awesome!