Chapter 34

Shiba's attacks are vicious and I can't seem to get the upper hand.

It's almost as if she's an entirely different person.

Blood trickles from various scratches on my body, matting my fur. I can feel concern radiating off Rose, who has kept her promise and is only watching.

Shiba bares her teeth in a fanged grin that irritates me. Her movements are far from precise and some of them could even be considered clumsy. She seems distracted and enraged.

She lunges again, snarling, and I barely dodge, her claws scraping my sides.

This fight as wolves is going nowhere.

I shift into human form and get into a fighting stance. Rose cocks her head, giving me this cute confused look that I would swoon over if I weren't in a battle if could die in.

Shiba shifts as well and licks her lips as she studies my naked body. Normally, I'd feel uncomfortable but this is the psychopath I'm currently fighting. So I don't really care.

Though I am surprised that she seems so distracted by me.

I jab experimentally, almost hitting her abdomen before she moves to block and I pull back. While she's caught up in the attack that never came, I punch her in the face.

She grimaces at me, blood dripping from her mouth and nose. She gingerly pokes her already bruised nose and growls at me.

"You bitch."

Well I am a female werewolf. That's close enough, right?

She lunges at me, her arms flailing wildly as she tries to hit me. I feel that weird sensation of my eyes turning alpha red as I dodge each and every one if her furious punches and kicks.

Shiba puts too much force into a punch and she can't stop it to immediately try to get me again. I take the opportunity to knee her between the legs.

I know that it doesn't hurt as much as it would if she had... a different set of genitals, but I know from personal experience that it still hurts like hell.

She groans and her knees wobble. She doesn't collapse on the ground, but rests her palms on her knees, trying to stay upright.

This time I knee her in the stomach. Her face is at just the right place for it to squish against my leg. If her nose wasn't broken before, it certainly is now.

Shiba falls to the ground, caught up in the pain as she clutches her stomach.

She doesn't even fight back as I nudge her until she's on her back.

I step next to her head and rest a foot against her neck.

Her eyes refocus and she gasps for breath. She looks up at me with defiant eyes.

I give her my best I-swear-I-will-kill-you-if-you-don't-stop glare. "Ready to give up yet?"