Chapter 54

It's been a week since I killed James. I do wish it didn't come to that, but what's done is done. I can't change the past. I think. I mean, I live in a world where I'm a werewolf, so it's possible. Maybe. What if there's really a TARDIS? That would be awesome.

Moving on from my internal nerd monologue... Things have been actually going good. The pack is fine. Some have left to go do what they were never able to under Shiba's command.

And I'm happy for them, that they get another chance at living the life they want. The ones that are staying are reconnecting with loved ones and getting jobs. Overall, everyone's happier.

Dakota will have culinary colleges fighting over them, they just sent out their application things.

Luciana and Hunter are doing great, if my lack of sleep due to their *ahem* noises at night are any indication. They're great together and entirely smitten.

Rose and I are going steady, too. I know we haven't been dating long, but I can definitely see a future with her. I won't go on and on about her and what I love about her (which I totally could. For hours).

School's still not fun, waking up that early never is, but time goes so much faster when I have such awesome people by my side.

"What are you thinking about?" Rose murmurs, her hands playing with my hair.

"Everything." I respond, tilting my head up to look at her.

"And the winner of the most vague answer award goes to..."

I swat her arm, grinning as she laughs. I move up so my head is resting on her shoulder. "I meant I'm thinking about how everything is going well. It's almost eerie how there hasn't even been any major hitches."

"Yeah. You get used to everything going wrong and then when everything's okay it feels like you're on a whole new planet."

"But it's definitely not a bad thing. Sure, nothing goes the way I plan it, but that's life. I think."

Rose kisses the top of my head. "Oh and you were doing so good with being all philosophical and deep. And then the lack of confidence."

"Oh hush, you love me." I freeze when I realize what exactly I've said. Those three words might be seen in everything we do and say to each other, but we haven't said them aloud yet. I've been worried that it's too soon.

"I do." I look at her as she speaks, silently studying her face. "I love you."

"I love you too." I whisper before leaning up and kissing her. It's not the best kiss ever because we're both smiling so much our teeth clack together.

Finally we give up trying and just stare into each other's eyes.

In all my life, I have never been this happy. I have never felt so content. I rest my head on the pillow next to Rose, our lips mere inches apart.

She gives me a smile that could warm the darkest heart and cups my face before pulling me closer and kissing me again.

I'm not sure what the future's going to be, but I'm not dreading it like I used to.

The end!! I know, I know. I was hoping to suddenly have a brilliant idea to continue it, but that didn't happen. Plus, this seems like a great place to end it. Feel free to check out my other stories on here or on archive of our own (I'm wolf3223)! You can find me on Tumblr and send me anonymous hate or anything (also wolf3223)! Thank you beautiful humans for reading this story!

A few things about this story... This is the first original story I've posted anywhere. And it has 12k views?? Awesomeness. I actually got the idea for the story because I was reading another werewolf story and thought "I could do this better" and that sounds horrible. I won't say which story it was because I can't remember. Stella is loosely based on me, actually. She's like a more badass version of me that actually has game (I mean one of us has a girlfriend and it definitely isn't me). The picture on the cover I found looking up wolf in sheep's clothing or something on Google Images and laughed so hard that I had to make it the cover.

Anyways, thank you guys again for reading and stay awesome!