Chapter 38

I send Dakota, Luciana and Hunter home after a couple hours. They didn't want to stand by and watch the other wolves work so they all joined in. They were exhausted but they didn't object too much when I practically had to order them to go get rest they all desperately need.

It's been a long day.

I walk around, comforting the injured no matter how many death glares I get from them. Rose stays by my side, stubbornly refusing to leave me for even a moment. I've noticed how sometimes she'll reach out and place a hand on my arm and let out a relieved sigh.

After my battle with Shiba, I guess she needs to remind herself that I'm alive.

The sun has fallen behind the trees by the time we finish. The injured are patched up and healing and the dead are buried. I made sure each body has a headstone with the person's name on it.

Many wolves leave, but a lot stay. The ones that don't leave want to be part of my pack. For some reason.

There are way too many of them to all stay in my house, so I'm glad that Shiba made these caves. And they've been living in them for years so they don't even have to move.

Maybe when I get older and have to move out, I could live in her old cave. If I love long enough to get to the moving out age.

The wolves are turning in and going into the largest cave where pretty much everyone that isn't Shiba stayed. Most thank me in various wording, others congratulate me on becoming the alpha. Others drag themselves into the cave and collapse onto their bed.

I don't blame them. I'm pretty tired too.

Once all the wolves are in the cave, Rose and I begin our trek back to my house.

Fucking hell. Luciana and Hunter have claimed the guest bedroom with a double bed and Dakota volunteered themself to sleep on the couch in the living room. So where the heck is Rose going to sleep.

"What's wrong?" Rose murmurs. "You reek of anxiety. And you haven't before this so I know it's not Shiba or the new extended pack."

"I was just wondering where you're going to sleep tonight."

She nods knowingly. "I can sleep on the chair in your room. I've done it before, I'll be fine."

What? I've fallen asleep in that bloody chair and I woke up with the most spectacular back pain. "No way. I know from experience that the chair is not comfortable."

"The floor?" Rose suggests.

"No, no." And my heart skips a beat. Stupid brain and it's stupid ideas. "You could uh sleep in my bed. With me."

"Are you sure? Will you be comfortable with it?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine."

"You know I would never do anything you don't want to."

I smile and link our hands together. "I know."

And that's how I end up sleeping next to Rose.

Hello! I don't have much ideas on what to do with the story now, so suggestions are welcome. Comment or message me on here or Tumblr (wolf3223) Would you like to see the pack get back on its feet? Or Rose and Stella's date? Thanks for reading and stay awesome!