Chapter 37

Rose and I run to the clearing together, only slowing when the sounds of fighting is too loud to block out.

We walk into the battlefield together, her hand clenched around mine.

Wolves with vacant eyes litter the ground. There are 'wolves in human form, trying to put pressure on various wounds and trying not to die.

Luckily, I don't see Luciana, Hunter or Dakota on the ground.

I turn my attention to the fight still going on. At first glance, I can't see anything but a bunch of blurs. The fight is happening at supernatural speed and my eyes aren't used to anything moving that fast.

Then I notice Dakota. They stop and sniff the air, horror on their face. They turn to me and relax. I wonder of they smelled Shiba and I's scents together and thought that she killed me.

The fighting quickly stops, the other wolves scenting the air and giving me and Rose confused looks.

Rose squeezes my hand lightly. Oh yeah. I clear my throat, "Shiba is dead." Murmurs ripple through the werewolves, disbelief on most faces.

Rose drops my hand and disappears, running away. I hope she didn't abandon me and is getting something so they know I'm not lying. I really don't feel like being killed today. Plus I suck at talking about things.

"How do we know you're not lying?" A really big 'wolf growls.

"What would I have to gain by lying? If she's alive, she would get here eventually and you'd all take turns torturing me for lying."

Rose is back, slightly out of breath. She holds up Shiba's head. I flinch.

"Need any more proof?" Rose glares at the werewolves. "Stella's your alpha now. Deal with it."

And now I'll need to act like I know what the hell I'm doing. Fun.

"You have quite a way with words," I tease Rose quietly. She smirks at me. "Don't you date get blood on my Pikachu shirt." I turn to the werewolves and raise my voice slightly. "Take care of the injured." The big wolf cracks his knuckles. I scowl, "Not like that. Try to help them."

He looks confused. "But some of them aren't loyal to you."

"I don't care. Don't let them die just because they don't like me."

A skinny pale blond wolf takes a step toward me. "What if I don't want to be in your pack?"

"Then leave. I'm not asking any of you to be in my pack. But don't go without at least trying to help the injured."

The boy kicks the ground beneath his feet, grumbling. "Fine."

I nod and gesture for Dakota, Hunter and Luciana to come over.

"Are you all okay?"

"Just a few scratches and bruises. Nothing that won't heal." Luciana shrugs and glances at Hunter, who is covered in blood. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Most of it's not mine." Luciana's eyes roam over her body, still frowning and worry etched on her face. "I promise, I'm okay."

Hunter reaches out and grabs Luciana's hand, who blushes.

At any other time I'd tease them about it, but not now.

"Dakota?"

"I'm good."

I glance at Rose, who gives me a small smile. I notice that she put Shiba's head somewhere.

How in the world did we all survive this?