Chapter 26

"Stella!" I hear Luciana call.

Whoa, she actually sounds worried. I guess she does care about me. And here I thought she joined to be closer to Rose and Hunter.

I turn my head and that took too much effort. I blink, trying to stop the world from spinning. I feel warmth press to my side and a calming scent reaches my nose. Rose. I slump against her, my eyes fluttering shut.

"What's wrong with her?" Luciana asks.

Everything is garbled, as though I'm hearing things through crappy cheap headphones.

"I think her body is crashing after the high of becoming a true alpha. Something like that. Maybe." I can hear Rose's frustration. My body automatically shifts back into human form and I curl into myself. "Fuck."

"Stop staring, you creep. Let's just get her back to her house."

"Hunter's going to freak out," Stella groans.

"I'll just fluster her with my smoothness. Don't worry."

The pain in my side stops and I feel myself relax as I sway with the movements of whoever's carrying me. Who's carrying me? When did this happen? Where are they taking me? Are they taking me to Shiba?

I tense and feel my nails turn to claws. I hear a familiar voice shushing me gently. Rose is the one carrying me. I'd recognize that voice anywhere. I shift closer to her body and smile when I hear her chuckle.

"Oh you are so whipped, Rose."

"Shut up."

I drift into unconsciousness knowing that I'll be okay.

                                 ***
I run my eyes and sit up, groaning quietly.

Who hit me with a truck?

All of my muscles are sore as though I put each and every one of them through a hellish workout.

"Are you finally awake?"

I jolt and notice that Luciana, Rose, and Hunter are all sitting in my room, staring at me. Hunter and Rose are both avoiding my gaze and blushing while Luciana is smirking, looking at the other two with amusement.

"You're still naked," Luciana states.

I look down and of course I don't have clothes on from the shift. I shrug. I'm not ashamed of my body. If someone doesn't like it, it's their problem, not mine.

I get up and go through my closet, picking out a t shirt, jeans and underwear.

When I begin pulling on my clothes, Rose and Hunter are doing very good impressions of a fire hydrant with how red they both are and Luciana is flat out laughing at them.

"How long was I out for?" My voice is muffled by the shirt I'm putting on.

"Eight hours. You certainly got your beauty sleep, Princess."

I scowl at her. "Don't call me that."

Luciana steps forward, smiling. "Or what? You'll throw your crown at me? Princess."

"I will call you flea bag."

Luciana growls, giving in. "Fine."

"Nice," Rose compliments.

"I hate to be a downer, but what's Shiba going to do once she hears that Stella's an alpha?" Hunter questions.

"Probably build up her troops and declare war on us."