IMAGINE: Bucky x Kaitlyn

- REQUESTED BY THE LOVELY KAITLYN6678. ALSO, IT CAN BE SET IN THE 40s FOR MORE OF DRAMATIC EFFECT. ENJOY -

You knocked on the door, fanning yourself with your hand from the summer heat. Your best friend, Bucky Barnes, greeted you with a smile. "Come on in."

He had already prepared his lemonade which he knew was your personal favorite. You took in half of the glass and sat down at the table. "What's got you so worked up?" he asked, fixing his tie.

"Oh Bucky, Mick Johnson finally asked me to go dancing. Dancing, I say!" you complained.

"Well there's nothing wrong with a little jig," Bucky laughed.

You confessed, "I can't dance."

"It's not that hard." He stood up and held out his hand.

You refused and he sighed. Bucky walked over to his turntable and put on a Louis Armstrong record. It was your favorite song, "La Vie en Rose". He held out his hand once more and you took it. Leading you to the center of the living room, you hesitated. "I'm going to apologize for your sore feet beforehand," you uttered.

"What you really will be apologizing for is wasting these good moves on a jerk like him, but to each her own," he shrugged. "Put your feet there and follow me."

Bucky put your other hand on his shoulder and he lightly placed his hand on your waist. After a few sways, he picked up the tempo as the trumpet began to blare. Between twists and turns, the two of you laughed and you found that dancing was quite entertaining. The song died down and "When You're Smiling" began to play. Both of you tried to catch your breath as Bucky led you into this slow song. "Now, when it comes to slow dancing," he gave you a twirl, "It's all about intimacy."

Pulling you in closer, he kept his blue eyes in contact with your nervous ones. Feeling brave, you moved the hand that was on his shoulder to the nape of his neck. You felt his hairs stand and the tip of your noses were almost touching. "That's it," he whispered, his breath hot and heavy against yours.

A horn honked outside. "That's Mick," you stepped away from Bucky. "I told him to pick me up here."

You frantically gathered your things and brushed your hair with your hands. Bucky strode over to the turntable and took the needle off the record. You opened the door and Bucky slowly walked over to lean on it. He had an amused look on his face. "Have fun."

You were flustered by what had just happened so you only managed a nod. You skipped away to Mick's car as he honked again.

Not a minute later, Bucky heard a knock at the door. You were standing outside, Mick's car was nowhere to be seen. "I wanted to finish our dance," you admitted shyly. "And maybe a little more."

Now it was Bucky with the red blemish on his cheeks. "A glass of lemonade, first?"

"Why, certainly."

You stepped into his apartment and placed the needle back on the Armstrong record.

------------------------

I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS HAS REACHED 1K VIEWS IN SUCH A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME!

Thank you for all the reads and votes, but especially the reads!

Writing these for you guys makes me super happy and the fact that you guys enjoy it makes me even more happy!

Requests are always welcome!

luv b