5.8

Nancy called Rose explaining her her that she needed a girls night

Nancy called Rose explaining her her that she needed a girls night. Rose denied wanting any part of it but when Nancy said she was on her way to the cabin, Rose had no excuse.

Jim was staying late at work, and Eleven was allowed to have her one sleepover at Mikes. They were still being cautious with El, but they weren't locking her up in the house anymore.

Rose hasn't spoken to Steve since she ran off. Truthfully she just doesn't know what to say. She didnt know why him getting back into contact with Nancy bothered her so much.

So Rose spent the day painting. She was painting a collage of flowers. Flowers overlapping each other, all of different kinds and colors.

Rose focused on the tiny details to the sunflower. Dapping her brush into the darker yellow when the door creaked open.

"Rose?"

"Up here." She called back setting her brush into her cup of water. She set down her pallet as Nancy climbed up. "Watch your head." She warned, Nancy glancing at the low ceiling.

"Thanks for letting me come over." Rose snorted a laugh sliding her easel back into the corner.

"You act like you weren't already on your way when you called me." Nancy smiled sheepishly. Nancy sat down on Roses bed sighing out. Rose glanced behind her at the girl, wiping her paint covered hands on her white dirty shirt that had splotches of paint all over it.

"Whats going on?" Rose noticed the look in Nancys eyes.

"Steve, called me yesterday." Rose nodded having already known that. "And he said that he isn't mad at me anymore. He said he wants to be friends, and I told him maybe we could give it another shot and-"

"Woah woah woah." Rose stopped her holding up her hand shaking her head. Nancy stared up at her with wide eyes. "You said you'd give you guys another shot?" Nancy nodded. "Why would you do that to him?"

"What do you mean? I love him and he loves me!" Nancys tone in voice got higher. "I messed up okay? But I was drunk."

"Yeah and you called him and your relationship bullshit!" Rose fired back. Nancy stood up from the bed putting her hands across her chest.

"I screwed up, but that shouldn't mean that we both lose each other over it. People mess up all the time it-ugh." Nancy threw her arms out. Rose walked around to stand in front of her. There was no way Rose was going to sit back and watch Nancy string along her best friend.

"You don't love him Nancy! You know that as much as I do! He's hurting, let him go. Just admit that you're in love with Johnathan and let Steve go." Rose doesn't know why she's fighting so hard for this. Nancy huffs out a breath of air.

"I-I don't love Johnathan. You have no idea what you're talking about." Rose wants to laugh at her.

"You are so blind Wheeler." Nancys head snaps up, her mind turning. She loves Steve. Right? Rose watches her face fall. Nancy laughs, the sound dripping in sarcasm. "Hes been letting you have space, he got back with you after he watched you basically cheat in him with Johnathan!"