0.1

The door opened revealing the young girl

The door opened revealing the young girl. Her backpack was slung over her shoulder and her hair was pulled back into a low pony tail. Rose sighed, feeling her shoulders relax finally in the comfort of her own home.

She slid the backpack from her arm, walking jnto the kitchen. Jean turned having heard the door open.

"Hi Rosie, how was school?" Rose smiled kissing the women lightly on the cheek.

"It was fine, how was your day?" Rose jumped up, sitting on the counter right behind Jean. Jean glared at her for a moment but said nothing.

"I cleaned, sat on the couch and did my puzzle. It was a present but boring day." She attended to the soup that was simmering on the stove. Rose looked away and out into the dark window. Her hand rose up and unconsciously she chewed on her nail. Her hand was quickly yanked from her mouth, Jean gave her a look before patting her cheek.

"Did you wash your hands?" The older women asked forcing Rose to meet her eyes.

"Yes mom." She teased, and lying. Jean scoffed pinching her cheek before wiping her hands on the apron that was laying on her chest. Rose slid off the counter walking across the kitchen to the counters grabbing bowls for the meal.

"Can you grab three Rosie?" Rose glanced back in confusion before understanding.

Only one person joins them for dinner.

She couldn't fight the smile that pulled up her lips. She did as she was asked grabbing the extra and setting the table. Jean bagan to whistle, filling the silence.

Rose had just finished with the grabbing the sileverware when the doorbell rang. Rose couldn't help but jog over to the door opening it for the man. Hopper smiled at the girl taking off his hat and stepping into the warm home.

Hes known Rosie ever since she showed up on Jeans doorstep. He was the one that would take her to school, he helped her with her homework. Rose always looked up to him, making it a goal to work at the station with him once she was old enough.

"Rosie." He greeted ruffling her hair, she scoffed ducking out if the way and taking out her hair tie.

"Hi Hop." She said closing the door behind them. The cold air quickly becoming warm. Jean rounded the corner smiling at the man and opening her arms. Jim ducked down giving the women a hug she patted his back and taking out the cigarettes that was between his lips. She gave him a scolding look.

"These will kill you yknow?" She said shaking her head and walking it to the trash. Rose smiled walking up and standing next to Jim.