4.3

Steve and Dustin were going over the plan as to how they were going to approach the demodog

"I swear Henderson if this is a prank, I'm beating your ass." Steve aimed the flashlight into the boys eyes.

"Its not, I hit him with a hockey stick down there." Dustin nodded to the chained door. Steve nodded mockingly going 'uh huh' under his breath. He turned to ask the girl behind him something when he noticed her state.

"Rose?"

Rose felt it. Like a growing heat starting at her feet, and going up to her legs. She thought it was just a heat flash at first, but then it kept growing. Dustin turned, his brows furrowing. Rose was swaying on her feet, her eyes glossy.

Rose kept seeing it.

Dark. Cold. Vines. Black. Dirt. Red.

Fire.

Rose groaned doubling over, Dustin coming to her side outting a hand to her back.

"Rose?" Her knees buckled down Dustin barely able to slow her fall. Steve ran to her other side helping her onto her back. Her fists were clenched at her sides. "Rose what's happening?" Dustins tone quickly became panicked.

"It hurts." Rose said through clenched teeth. She was kicking out her legs, sucking in quick breaths. She yelled out, her head pounding. Her skin was hot to the touch.

Her bones felt like they were getting dipped in molten lava.

At this same time, Will fell to the ground.

Rose screamed, her mind going fuzzy. Her powers unintentionally going haywire. Her scream echoed out knocking both Dustin and Steve back. They both pressed their hands to their ears as tight as they could.

Rose couldn't even feel anymore. All sense was gone. All she felt was hot. She thrashed on the ground, her head pounding against her skull.

Fire. Burn.

They were burning it-burning him.

Roses scream ended, but her pain didn't. Steve managed to crawl back to put his hand to her forehead. She was burning up.

"Whats going on?" He looked up at Dustin who was opening and closing his jaw from the impact of the scream. "Whats happening to her!?" Dustin didn't know what to say.

Rose clenched her jaw shut, the images flashing through her head.

Her throat stung, and her scar burned. Everything burned.

Rose gasped, sitting up. Her lungs heaving for air.

It ended.

Steve pressed a soft hand to her back. They didn't even notice but their hands were clutched together. Rose opened her eyes, looking straight to Steve.