3.1

Nine continued to claw at the ground

Nine continued to claw at the ground. She didnt even care thag she felt something build up under her nails.

Suddenly she stopped. Nine cried out scrambling away. The vine continued to slither away. The girl buckled when she put weight onto her leg. Glancing down at the blood seeping from her calf, she looked around at the surroundings. Nine was just standing in the middle of the woods. But it was so dark.

Why is it so dark?

Nine hobbled toward the tree. Her hands stuck to the slimey substance coating it. Nine jumped back wiping the stuff on her very dirty hospital gown.

"H-hello?" Her voice was scratchy and dry. She coughed, ignoring the stinging. She limped toward what she assumed was an opening. The dust flew up her nose and she quickly blew it out swiping at her nose. The stuff was everywhere, just floating and falling onto the ground.

Nine broke through the trees her eyes immediately looking up. She expected to finally see sunlight. To finally feel the sun on her face but it was so dark. It was so dark and grey. No clouds, no sunshine.

Nine wrapped her arms around her body. Chills ran up her arms creating goosebumps. It was dark and cold. And she was alone.

So very alone.

Nine glanced back behind her then infront of her. She had no idea where to go. She had no shoes, no jacket. Just a hospital gown that fell just before her knees.

Nine shivered her teeth chattering. Fianlly she decided forward was better then going back toward where she was yanked out of the lab. Her bare feet padded against the what she assumed was a street. She could see the faint yellow dotted line down the middle.

Nine kept glacing behind her feeling like she was being watched. Trees and bushed rustled, the wind blew against her skin. Nine looked back forward seeing a building come around the corner. Nine couldn't help the smile that spread across her features.

Nine ran to it hobbling slightly from her leg. She slowed down when she came to the door. A bell dinged above her head when she pushed it open. It was small, bags of old food was on the ground, the lights flickering in and out.