fifty eight ↣ epilogue 3

"If I were to talk about Charlotte's physicality, I would discuss the point in which her cheekbones slant to make an indirect pathway to her lips. Or how she pulls her eyebrows down when she's embarrassed, like she's doing right now, and how that means her eyelashes reach them, even when she's not wearing make-up. But these valiant features are mere reflections of what is beneath that. It's her canvas for the patience she maintains always, the compassion she so dutifully expresses. It's the red hot heat of her heart that radiates through her bones, that have made up the structure of the only home I have ever truly known. It's the care, curiosity and kindness that makes a grown man both terrified and so far beyond besotted. My wife, she's smart. In a world that undermines her intelligence, she has been able to defeat all doubt and discussion, by taking on her step-father's business whilst pursuing whatever other dream comes to mind. She's so courageous, and for someone who was silenced for so long, I am so glad that her voice can be heard now. She's influential, people trust what she says because she understands the meaning of any collection of words so deeply and - by God, she's strong. I'm not just saying this because she has walked a mile with me on her back before, although it's impressive, I'm talking about the fact that she had lost so greatly, so frequently for so long yet today, when she looked me in the eye and said I do, it was still so fearless. I hope Charlotte can agree with me when I say this, but we have suffered, separately and together and no matter how hard that has been, how greatly it's impacted our lives, I would suffer a hundred more lifetimes just to be with her again, to call her my wife. I'm certain, however, if the earth was forced to recreate itself again and a thousand times after that, we would find a way to be together again. My wife and I, were non-believers. If someone had told us on the night we met, that we would marry, whether it was to each-other or not, we would have thanked them for the entertainment and sent them on their way. But, the thing is, with a bit of help from pointless running races and piggy-back forfeits we learnt about trust, honesty and everything in between. These are the things that led us here, right now, to this moment in which I can stand and look at my wife and say that I believe. I believe that if there was no light, I would still love the way the warmth of her skin contrasts with the blackness. If there was no air, well, it wouldn't matter, because we've already survived it. "

- Joe Sugg, Wedding Speech

If you have any questions, comment or private message me and I'll do my best to answer. Complete.