one

Some say people never change, but that's just a general stigma. Truth is, with the right person, anyone can change.

I walk into a large room filled with blaring music and testosterone. The stench of alcohol hits my senses and makes me woozy in the head. There's mountains of sweaty people grinding and dancing on the floor slick with alcohol. I glance to my right and spot just the girl I was looking for, Beau.

Beau has been my best friend since literally forever. Our parents have been best friends since they were kids, and coincidentally got pregnant at the same time. The rest is history and I've had a built in best friend since I was born.

"It's too loud in here!" I yell over the music as she immediately hands me a shot.

"Just drink, it'll make it more bearable." She says into my ear as I roll my eyes, tilting my head back as I immediately feel the burn.

It's definitely safe to say we're not quite the same personality wise, but sometimes friendships work better that way. Beau is more outgoing in a single night then I will ever be in my life, but I'm content with that.

"There's supposedly some football players here tonight, I keep hearing people talk about it." She says as she takes my hand, pulling me towards the middle of the dance floor.

"Wow that's crazy." I mumble as she smacks my arm.

"Lighten up Bianca." She scoffs as I rub my arm.

"Okay okay, fine." I sigh as I look up at the lights, "what team do they play for?" I add as I look at her again.

"Well considering we live in Barcelona, I'd assume Barcelona." She says as I give her a look.

"Okay well that's a valid point, but maybe it's some players traveling or something." I say as she shrugs, beginning to look around.

"I doubt they're here anymore, there's not like big groups of people or anything." She says as I nod.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching football, but something about the players just piss me off. Half of them are either hot heads, or extremely cocky, I don't think any of them are capable of being decent human beings.

I'm sure there are a few good ones, but I'm fully set on thinking they're assholes. And until I'm proven wrong, I'll stand by that ideal I have.

"I want to leave by at least 1 am, I have class at 9 and I want to get some sleep tonight." I say as she nods.

"You just got here though, and that's in an hour and a half." She mumbles as she looks at her phone.

"I was studying, and we had an agreement that I'd be here for a little bit so you weren't alone for the whole night." I say as she shrugs.

"I know, but I just want you to get out of your shell a little bit more. This is a great start though." She says as she puts her hands on my shoulders, shaking lightly as I smile.

"I go out like once a week, that feels like plenty." I say as she smiles shaking her head.

"You are just so cute for that." She jokes as I roll my eyes. "Want another shot?" She questions as I shake my head.

"No, I don't want a lot." I say as she boos me.

"2 shots coming up." She says, completely ignoring me as she turns around walking over to the bar. I pull out my phone, checking my email to see if my test score is out yet for a psychology class.

I refresh it a few times as I sigh, it should be out by now. As I'm about to put my phone in my pocket someone hits my hand as they're walking by, my phone falling. "You asshole." I mumble as I bend down, grabbing my phone. "Watch where you're going maybe."