twenty four

"Bonk!" Gavi yells as Beau and I walk through the front door of their house and I nod slightly.

"Hi Gravy." I say as he gives me a look, "what?" I question as he just shrugs.

"I don't know, but here." He says as he tosses me a jersey and I turn it around, showing the number 8 on it. "It was Pedri's jersey today from our draw we did." He adds as I laugh.

"You guys do a draw?" I question as he nods.

"Since you can only wear one we all put our names in a bowl and pick one, that's why you wore mine last match." He says as I look at the jersey again.

"Fair." I say as he sits on one of the stools, "I'm going to go change quick." I add as he nods, going on his phone, not looking up at me.

I walk down the hallway and Pedri's door is open so I quickly look behind me, before slipping into the room. "Look what we have here." Pedri says as he walks out of his closet and I shut the door behind me.

"You rigged it, didn't you?" I question as he shrugs, reaching in his pocket and taking out two slips of paper, one with Gavi on it, and one with Pablo on it.

"Real easy switch when they're not looking." He suggests as he puts the paper in his trash bin and I shake my head with a smile.

"You're so dumb." I mumble as he sits on his bed, watching me.

"Put it on, I won fair and square." He says as his eyes are locked on me and I roll my eyes as I quickly switch my shirt for his jersey and he stands up, going back into his closet. A few seconds later he comes out holding a Barcelona jacket and he hands it to me, "it's cold out." He whispers as I quickly put it on and he pulls the hood over my head as I smile.

"Thank you." I say quietly as I put my hands in his sweatshirt pocket, pulling him closer to me as I stand on my tiptoes, giving him a kiss.

"Thanks for that." He says quietly as I give him another kiss, "we have to leave for the match." He adds as he kisses my forehead quickly.

"Win the match, yeah?" I say as he nods.

"Mhmm." He hums as he wraps his arms around me in a hug, "if you get uncomfortable being there just leave, okay?" He says.

"I will." I whisper as he pulls away from the hug.

"Do you want to ride with me? Where we park you can get in the vip entrance pretty easily." He suggests.

"Yeah I can, since beau will be riding with Alejandro." I say as he nods, going over to his door.

"Okay, let's go." He says as we walk out of his room. I follow behind him as he grabs his keys, "I'm driving Bianca since I won the draw, I'll see you all there." He says as he walks out the front door and I quickly go over to the island where my phone is sitting and Gavi looks up from his phone at me.

"Sorry he won today, that's probably the last jersey you want to wear." He says as he quickly looks at the jacket, "and he gave you his jacket, he's really using that win to his advantage."

"He won fair and square." I mumble as Gavi nods slightly, "so I'll put up with it."

"Unfortunately for you." He scoffs as I nod.

"Good luck, I'll see you later." I say as he gives me a quick side hug before I put my phone in my pocket, walking out of the house down to Pedri's car.

"Can I come over later?" Pedri asks as I get in and I nod.

"Yeah, Beau is spending the night here so that works." I say as I buckle and he starts the drive to camp as I lean my head back against the seat.

"Are you nervous to watch the match? He'll probably be starting." He says as I furrow my eyebrows slightly, looking out the window.

"No it'll be fine I think, I'll be more focused on all of you anyways that I probably won't even realize he's playing." I say as he looks at me briefly while at a light.

"You don't have to come to the match you know, I can drop you off at your house if it's too uncomfortable for you." He suggests.

"Pedri it's fine." I whisper as he reaches over, grabbing my hand. "I promise." I add as he pulls my hand over towards him, kissing the back of it.

"Okay." He whispers as I look out the window again and I see a text from my mom, wishing me good luck for going to watch the match.

After a few minutes of sitting in silence I take a deep breath, "Pedri?" I ask suddenly.

"Hmm?"

"We don't have to be exclusive if you don't want to be. You have your needs and you can do whatever you want, I don't want you to change yourself for me." I say as he grips the steering wheel tighter as he pulls into a parking spot.

"You don't get it do you?" He asks quietly as he turns the car off, turning and looking at me. I shake my head as he unbuckles his seatbelt, turning more so he's facing me, "trust me, when I met you I didn't want anything to do with you. But then you got close with the guys and I kept seeing you and you couldn't leave my head, and then when we were at the fucking club for your birthday I really couldn't get you out of my head after that." He admits.

"Sorry." I mumble as he shakes his head.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. People hated me for what I did anyways, so maybe it is time I change, and it just so happens to be for you." He says as I lean my head back against the seat.

"It feels off, does it not? Like it's very sudden you're switching up." I say as he sighs.

"Look we're not dating yet so it doesn't need to feel weird, it's just two friends and one happens to like the other." He says as I scoff.

"You think I don't like you?" I question as he shrugs.

"I mean you never said anything about it, so my guess is as good as yours." He says as I shake my head.

"You said the saying wrong." I whisper as he gives me a look.

"What?" He questions.

"It's supposed to be your guess is as good as mine. You flipped it around." I say as he smiles.

"You're so annoying, like we get it, you're smart, whatever." He jokes.

"Just genius." I whisper, "But yeah I know."

"Taking 9 classes is getting to your head isn't it?" He asks as I shrug.

"Maybe, maybe not."

"It definitely is." He insinuates as I shake my head.

"Definitely not." I counter.

"You're in denial then." He suggests as I frown.

"And you're in denial for being in love with me." I smile as I get out of the car and he scoffs as he gets out as well.

"Okay whatever." He mumbles as I go around the car, wrapping my arms around him in a hug.

"Joking of course." I whisper.

"I'll look for you." He says quietly as he kisses the top of my head quickly.

"Well you know where the seats are so it'll be easy." I retort as he shakes his head.

"It'll be easy." He mocks as I push him away from me.

"I hate you." I mumble as he pats his chest, taking a few steps back before pointing at me.

"More than you know." He says as he begins walking towards the entrance for players and I zip up the jacket as I make my way towards the vip entrance.

What a game this will be.