18 Bored

Rosalie

Today I was preparing for Amanda's upcoming exams, not that it needed my attention I'm just being dramatic since I'm bored and I'm not going to work. I was pissed because apparently my mom wants us to go and visit her family. To be honest I don't like her family, they use muthi and they talk too much, they are one of those typical judgemental and jealous women. To be honest I can't stand them I was also thinking of taking my kid to her other parent's house plus she is scared of chickens, cow and goats so I'll bring that excuse.

"Mama you know I was thinking" I started, I don't know how to make up stories, I've never really had a reason to do so.

"Keng(what)?"

"I was thinking maybe Ami shouldn't come with us you know, since she is scared of cattles and chickens plus mama it's extremely hot in North West and as you can see, she wasn't blessed with the melanin color so it's best she goes to her grandma Marie"
She kept quiet for the longest time but replied eventually. "okay, I dont understand why you don't like my family that much, you still black Rosalie, I thought your skin color always reminds you that, your mother's family is as much important as your father's side"

"What? Mama! I love my skin colour, and I know that you are black, I respect your family too and I love them but as long as they are not too close to me. Mom your family is full of judgmental people and they love using muthi too much. Last time I went there they almost fed Amanda some weird portion that I don't know off, they always asking me about my life and who Ami's father is, they think I don't know who Ami's father is just like they don't know who father's their kids. Only one person knows who the father of her children is, even that one we not sure if it's true "

" Hayi Thapelo" my mom said hitting the back of my head" Sorry mama but that's the truth".

She sigh" I understand why you don't want to go but if you don't like it there this time you will come back"

"I'm glad Ami is not coming with us because if some things happen, her mama won't even think twice before taking her from me. I can't lose her mama she is the only meanful thing I got outside that relationship"

"Stop talking like that, we both know that nothing is going to happen to her and you won't lose her"

Jayden

I stayed in my bed with a bottle of Hennessy and ciroc, thinking about all the happy moments I had with my Rosie when we were still in school, how she chose me over her then girlfriend. Despite her not liking dick she went on and date the girl who has one. I laughed at how pathetic I am. Now as I think about it, it was always me over any bitch, she used to put me first before anything else, that was the reason why I fell in love with her. She was not a person who was willing to have kids in a near future but she kept Amanda after finding out she was pregnant. The week she caught me cheating was the week she found out about her pregnancy she chose to keep it even though she was never ready to be a mother. But I never appreciated that I went on and hurt her till she had enough. I broke her beyond repair. I turned my music up Anthony Hamilton "her heart" was playing.

I had a habit of messing up,
Staying out late and getting drunk
I let you down a thousand times
Broken promises
It's like I ran away from you
My career was my excuse
Until I saw you about to drown in your own tears

And as you cry in my eyes
You woke up my heart
And I saw again what I found in you
'cause her heart, her heart, won't let me lose her
No matter how I try, I just can't say good bye, and lose her

I was singing that song pouring all my heart in it, I found myself relating to it. I was never there to love Rosalie the way she used to love me. I hope one day she would forgive me.

Hello again. It's me your boring author. I have a question, do you want Rosalie and Jayden to get back together or you want Rosie to move on? If you were in her shoes what will you do?