19 North West

Rosalie

I was so tired of driving. We were on our way to Rusternburg in North west to visit my mom's family. This was a torture to be honest, my mom tried making small conversation with me but I wasnt having any of it.

"Even if you don't answer me, you still going there, you should atleast go to that house once a year since you are not a fan of my family" I kept quiet.

"You should also understand that those people are my family, my blood if they die I would be left with no one"

"Mama honestly, we don't need them, Amanda and I are your only family who really do care about you. These ones don't care about you, they never called you unless they need money. They just want your money nothing else. I don't like them even though you try to justify your love for them"

"This is not about that, I know they only talk to me when they need money but I'm one person who is holding this family together, if I die they will turn against each other"

"Mama you need to understand that you are not a glue, or a bostick that can fix the broken relationship. Your sisters are old enough to know that this fight they are having is destroying them. I'm only left with you mom I don't want you to have a stroke or heart attack because of your sisters, please do me a favour and stay out of their business. I'll also try and teach you to mind your own business okay?"

" How many times should I teach your ass to talk to people in a good manner?"

" But everything I said there I said it in a good manner. The roads here are damaged the Government should do something. I'm just passing here because I'm with you if I was alone I was going to leave this car in the garage and go to taxis."

" You wouldn't survive"

"I would, mama you forgot that I always took a taxi when I came back after school or when I'm going to Jozi I don't trust that place with my car"

"You didn't always take a taxi because Jayden had a car so she drove you everywhere you go, the only time you took a taxi was when you guys were fighting which it wasn't often, and you had your car in high school I didn't understand the concept of you not using it at all" She is telling the truth, I did have a car in high school, but I only used it on special occasions I still have it at my mama's house I was lazy to go there, I use it when it is times like this. I don't want to sell it, it reminds me of my father.

"Mama if they start shouting we leaving, if I sense a negative energy we leaving. If they start judging me we leaving. This time I'm not asking you mama, your health comes first to me and don't eat food that you didn't see who made it"

After 30 minutes we made it in Rusternburg. Damn it's so hot I feel like taking all my clothes off. I did renovate my grandma's house because I was close to my grandma but after she died I stopped coming here more often.

"Dumelang (grettings)"

"Yoh Sophie tlo bone go tsena mang, haatla le ko lefung LA John"( Sophie come and see who is here, she didn't even attend John's funeral). You see why I didn't want to come here? I'm only close with my 3 cousins, and they all work for me in my company, I didn't do nepotism, they are also educated like me and qualified for their jobs, and we renovated this house together. Sophie is that one aunt who has 5 kids with 5 different fathers from one stands. Her first born is a junkie who we already took to rehab 5 times but he always went back so we left him like that. Second born is doing grade 12 and she already has a kid. Third born is doing grade 10, such a talented kid with numbers, I want to talk to her mother so next year she can stay with me, we can't lose a potential like this. 4th child is doing grade 6 and then last is doing grade 3 so 3 boys 2 girls. The one who is talking has 2 kids but she claims to know their fathers, 1 is the other cousin who works for me. She is suppose to be here now, she told me she has arrived.

"Ha.a Motho o Ntse ale busy tota (No, this person is always busy)"

"She is busy that she couldn't attend her uncle's funeral?"

"Mama leave her alone. Where's Thandeka?"

"She went to town to buy groceries she left with Thabang"

"Okay" I went inside the house and straight to my room. Only one person uses this room. Charlene, the one who is doing grade 10, she is just a sweetheart even though her mom has an evil heart. She was the one who tried to feed my kid a random muthi. When I got to my room I knocked, yeah it is my room but the kid also need some privacy. She opened her door with a confused look after seeing me she opened her eyes wide and she jumped to me. "Ausi Thapelo! O fihlile neng Fa?(Sister Thapelo! When did you arrive here)" I laughed and hugged her.

"I just arrived, can I come in?"  "Sure"
The room was neat, the walls were full of method of how to solve maths problems. "How are the exams?"

"Oh they are doing great, tomorrow I'm going to write economics so I was about to go clean then I'll study later"

"Let's do this, what were your chores today?"

"Clean the house and also cook"

"Okay let's do this, I'm going to clean the house and I'll ask Thandeka to cook for you so you can study, how about that? By the way, where is your sister?"

"oh really? Sis Thandeka is also here? Lerato went to visit her baby daddy for a weekend she will be back later"

"oh okay, get ready and study so you can nail this exams" After that I left and went to prepare for things to use when cleaning.

Hi babies, the places that I wrote in this books are not frictional are real. The only thing that is frictional are my characters. South Africa is a country that is found in Africa. South Africa has 9 provinces and 12 official languages including sign language. To know more information about my country please research. Lots of love🌈