20 Family

Rosalie

I was cleaning when my aunt Sophie came to me with a confused face.

"Helang, and then? Why are you cleaning"

"Oh Charlene is studying, tomorrow she is writing economics so I told her that I'll do her house chores while she is preparing for her final exams" she was about to start shouting "Aunty can I speak to you about something?"

"Okay bua(talk)"

"Okay I was thinking, if it was okay with you of course, I should take Charlene so she can study ko Gauteng, don't worry I'll pay for her school fees and I'll take care of her" I didn't even discuss this with my mom and hear her opinion but I'll talk to her later.

"Hee why do you want to take my child?" you see why I needed to talk to my mom first. This people always think I joined some rutials and I'm going to sacrifice them that's why I'm this rich.

" I saw that Charlene is a really smart girl, so I figured that maybe If she went to best schools she will also get many opportunities like scholarship, sponsorship and also bursaries, I'm just trying to make her future brighter than it was before. I'm not asking for much, let's just think about Charlene's future here. I'll leave you alone so you can be able to think about it." after that I went back to cleaning until Thandeka was back.

" Yoh Thapelo I'm sooo tired, when did you get here"

"One hour ago, will you be able to cook later?"

"Haw, Thapelo I just got here, lemme rest then I'll answer that question after 3 hours"

"Your lazy ass is going to bed?" she laughed

"you know me very well"

"ekse, when did you get here" Thabang asked me while he was unpacking grocery.

" About 1 hour ago."

"And you already cleaning? You were suppose to be resting, did you bring Amanda with you?"

"No, Amanda went to her other parent plus they are writing exams I couldn't bring her with me. I'll rest after I'm done here plus Charlene is studying I don't want to disturb her"

"Then use my room. I will be playing Playstation online"

"okay then let me finish here"

"So vele it's over between you and Jayden"

"Thabang leave me alone" he raised his hands in a surrender way"okay I'm sorry I was just asking, 10 years is a long time " I ignored his ass and went on with my dishes. After that I made 2 plates. Mine and Charlene's plate. My mom has already eaten. So I went to my room and knocked.

" Oh sis Thapelo thank you."

"How is it going?"

"It's going good actually"

"Okay let me not disturb bye"

I went to Thabang's room and finished my plate. After I went to wash it and went back to Thabang's room. The moment I put my head down I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was already dark outside but the room was light. So I woke up and went straight to the bathroom and took a shower. I'm hungry let's hope someone cooked.  After showering I wore my pijamas.

"Mama please come here"

"what is it?"

"let's go to your room first" when we arrived to her room we sat on top of her bed.

"I asked aunt Sophia if she would allow me to take Charlene and take her to the best schools"

"And why would you do that?"

"Mom you said I should also take your family as my family, and here I am doing what I think it is the best for Charlene's future"

"Oh okay, I don't have a problem with that and I'll finally go back to my house"

"Wow so you don't like my house?"

"I do. But I prefer mine"

"oh okay" after that we left and I went to make food.

"Thapelo"

"Yes mama?"

" I've thought about what you told me about taking Charlene to the best schools, you can take her as long as you take good of my baby. I'll go to her school and ask for remove" when I was about to answer her someone jumped in

"Oh so Charlene is being taken to go and study in"best schools" while I did everything here in Rusternburg? What's special about her that I don't have" Beauty asked. Beauty is the one that is doing her final year in high school.

" She is intelligent and she respect me"

"Oh is that so? Or you just hate me?"

"And why would I hate you?"

"This one time I asked you 500rand so I can buy my child Diapers and Milk but you refused"

"I'm not your baby daddy, those are things you should ask your baby daddy not me. I have my own kid to look after, and she definitely no longer need those things. You should've used condom because you know you and your baby daddy can't afford a baby. Stop blaming me for your mistakes, you thought SASSA was enough to raise a child? You are pathetic." after that I left the kitchen and went to dining room to eat.

SASSA is the money that the government gives all the unemployment mothers for their children. Also pensioners, disabled people, orphans and unemployed people get that money but in different amount.

I want to finish this book within the week so let's hope I'll be able to do that. Enjoy🌈