31 I Was A Fool

Jayden

The following weekend came so soon. I was happy when Rosalie said Amanda won't be joining us because I was scared of her reaction after she found out that she has a brother. But I'll tell her. I was getting ready with Cindy, we not dating but she acts like she is married to me. It's too much to handle, even Rosie was never this annoying. To think of it, she was never a pushover. I stayed with her because she gave me my freedom.

"You wearing that?!" I looked at Cindy like she has 10 heads. What's wrong with my sweatpants and a hoodie? This is my family not some special place. " What's wrong with my outfit?"

"You can't be wearing like you going to a spaza shop"

"Cindy, I'm going to eat dinner, at home, with my family not in a restaurant so I'm wearing comfortable clothes, there's nothing fancy that will be going on."

"But today is special, I mean, you finally going to introduce your kid to your family."

"Girl why are you talking like I was not there through his whole life? I was there during birth, every appointment, on each of his birthday, so what more do you want? Who said my family will be that welcoming???"

"Oh well, that's their problem they'll have to adjust because I ain't going nowhere."

"Girl what? You know what, we leaving in 5 minutes, I'm going to check up on Jordan. If you not done you will catch an Uber" after that I left and went to Jordan's room, well Amanda's room but now it belongs to Jordan. When I got there I knocked, he was ready, he was just waiting for us while watching cocomelon. "Hey buddy, you ready to meet your other family?" I don't think he understands me, he always speaks zulu which is her mom's home language. But he will improve since he attends a private school that has English as home language. "yes"

"Good boy, your English is improving, let's go. IF YOU NOT DONE YOU WILL CATCH AN UBER I'LL SEND YOU AN ADDRESS" she came running with one heel on her hand, this girl, she was wearing like this is a special occasion. Sigh.

After 15 minutes we were knocking on the door. My brother's kid was the one opening the door. We entered and walked to the dinning room since everyone was there.

"Hi family"

"What the holy spirit, Jayden, why this Lil man look exactly like you? Don't tell me this is your kid! Hey buddy how old are you?"

"Dad! We just arrived. Let us, eat first then we will talk okay, I'm famished"

"Hey baby, who are this people you brought?"

"mama let's eat first, I'm so hungry" we said grace and started eating, table manners, no one is allowed to to talk while eating.  After we done eating I started talking, everyone was here except for Lisa and Amanda.

"So mommy, this is my second child, Jordan, this is his mother, Cindy. Jordan is 5 years old. Jordan, this is my family, your family, this is my mom, your grandmother, this is my dad, your grandfather, this are your cousins, this is my brother, your uncle. This is his wife, your aunt. My sister is not here and your big sister too. Amanda, you attend the same school together."

"Hwy Jordan come with me, hey kids, follow me let me give you dessert and you will go to the playroom and play okay?" they followed after her and there was a long moment of silence.

"Oh my in laws, I'm pleased to meet you." my mom rolled her eyes and turn her attention to me. "From a well respected woman to a hoe, look at her, so you cheated on her with her? What a downgrade you did there, you are busy telling us to help you get Rosie back while you still messing around with a person who you didn't just cheat, you also left your sperms inside her. Sies"

"Oh mother in law, what makes you so sure that Rosalie didn't do the same? And worse, didn't come with a kid back?"

"What are you talking about" she laughed and searched for whatever she was searching on her handbag and took out an envelope.

"You see here I have a prove of your“precious Rosalie”, with the REAL Father of Amanda, I mean you all can see that Amanda look nothing like Jayden, while my beautiful Jordan, looks exactly as her mother" she smiled and handed me an envelope. Inside the envelope, there was pictures of Rosie with another man...... ANOTHER MAN HAVING SEX, not one but a lot of pictures together, some they were doing shopping, some they were in a restaurant eating. My mom took those pictures and looked at them also my dad and brothers. I was in shock, so I spent years feeling guilty of having a child outside my relationship while I was taking care of a child who is not mine. I was brought back by Cindy's voice.

"Oh here are the DNA results, there's no need to do that, the test came negative, that baby ain't yours."

"How did you get Amanda's DNA?" my father asked. To be honest I was not paying attention to what they were saying but I could still hear their voices, I was too shock to do anything.

"oh, Taylor here, helped me"

Will this be a happy ending book or not? I also don't know 🌈