five.

_______

"It doesn't make sense. It's...It's not possible. Bullets didn't stop her." Sam said as Caroline still held on to the gun.

"Amazing observation." Kate said sarcastically. Caroline looked up at Deena who was pacing back and forth.

"Who the hell was that?" Deena asked Simon through a yell. Simon was locking the doors and windows to the house as he looked stressed.

"How the hell should I know? She...She was hot! I don't know! The bitch seemed normal!" Simon exclaimed making Caroline confused. She was singing. She bled black blood. She had a damn razor blade, what was normal about her?

"Yeah, we'll I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood!" Deena yelled at him. Caroline put the gun down and put a hand through her hair.

"Well, she was hot and normal until she attacked me with a fucking razor blade!" Simon exclaimed. Josh looked up from his hand as soon as he said that. He realized something, clearly.

"Wait. What...A razor?" Josh asked him confused. Simon nodded his head as i've was still freaked from the situation.

"Yeah, for like old-times shaving, or in the case, I guess, slitting her-" Simon said as he motioned to cutting his wrists. He was cut of by Josh, who had the answer.

"Wrists. She slashed her wrists." Josh said nodding his head up and down. "Was she singing a song, like an oldie...like an oldie song?" Josh asked him. Simon looked confused as of how he knew this stuff.

"Jesus, Rain Man. How the fuck do you know that?" Simon asked skeptically.

Josh ran out of the room and over to the wall of several papers. Caroline shut her eyes and leaned her head on one of the pillows on Deena's couch. She was getting a headache, and she was dizzy.

In walked Josh with a paper in his hand. He slammed it on the table and showed it to everyone.

"This is Ruby Lane." Josh said showing everyone the news paper article. Caroline looked at it, trying to read the microscopic words and letters. She learned that her grandfather was the sheriff who took care of the case at the time. "The girl who attacked you." Josh said as Simon took the paper and stared at it in pure shock and fear.

"Holy shit!"

"She sang as she murdered her boyfriend, her friends, then she killed herself. Slashed her wrists." Josh explained to everyone.

"Jesus. Why didn't I see this on the news?" Kate asked looking up at him.

"Because it happened 30 years ago. 1965." Josh said. He stood back up and ran to get more papers. He came back in after ripping them off his wall.

"Ruby is one of Shadyside's killers, just like Skull Mask." Josh said slamming the most recent paper on the table. "I mean, Ryan Torres. Look, 1978. Sixteen years ago. "Masked psycho murders kids at-" Josh said, his sentence was finished by Kate who was readings

"Camp Nightwing. Yeah, my mom's sister was there. That screwed my family up for a long time." Kate said before Josh put another paper on the table.

"Look, 1950, Harry Rooker, local milkman slashed a bunch of housewives. 1935, Humpty Dumpty Killer. 1922, Billy Barker. 1904, Grifter guts girls, and on and on. It happens in Shadyside over and over. Normal people turn into psychos." Josh said. Simon took out a picture of a guy with long hair. His eyes were ripped out, and there was blood coming out of them.

"Jesus. Look at this guy."

"That's the pastor. Cyrus Miller, 1666. He was the first one recorded. He, um...killed kids and cut out their eyes." Josh said. Sam stood up abruptly and sped walked to the kitchen. Deena got up behind her and followed behind Sam.

"Wow. This is...this is fucked." Caroline said with a low chuckle. She scratched her forehead as she stared at it.

"None of this is random." Josh said slamming another piece of paper down. It was of someone getting hung from a tree. "It's Sarah Fier. She's turning Shadysiders into killers." Josh said making Caroline shake her head.

"You've lost me, the witch isn't real, man." Caroline said looking up at him. "And you could say I'm a stereotypical Sunnyvaler because of it, but it's a ghost story." Caroline said, and surprisingly both Simon and Kate agreed with her.

"Yeah, it's something babysitters make up to scare kids." Simon said looking at Josh.

"No, no. Just listen to me. 1666, Sarah Fier was hanged for witchcraft, fact. But ever since she was executed, she's been possessing people, turning them into killers, to take revenge on the town. Look,"The Farmer of Death, 1706. He was the pastors brother, Sarah Fier probably wanted revenge or something." Josh said as Caroline stared at the picture. It was a drawing of farmer with a rake.

"It's like the nursery rhyme." Simon said and Josh nodded looking up at him.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Before the witch's final breath, she found a way to cheat her death. By cutting off her cursed hand, she kept her grip upon our land. She reaches from beyond the grave to make good men her wicked slaves." Simon said as Josh showed them more papers. Caroline caught herself believing it, and it was hard, but it made sense.

"Yes, exactly. Don't you see what's happening to us? This is all proof. Shadyside isn't just some hotbed for psychos. All these massacres are connected to Sarah Fier. The witch's curse is real!" Josh exclaimed as he stood up from his seat. Caroline covered her mouth and sighed. One hand went through her hair as Kate started to speak.

"Fine. Let's assume that the witch has been possessing people for some sort of messed-up vendettas. This isn't the same as the mall massacre. Something different is happening to us. Something way worse." Kate said, and Caroline nodded her head. She wanted to believe that this wasn't happening to everyone. "Ok, we have two of her killers after us and both of them are dead. Why is she so mad at us?" Kate asked curiously as she looked up at Josh.

"I saw her." Said Sam. Everyone looked over at her. She was standing next to Deena in a new outfit. "Last night, I don't...I don't know, you know. I thought I hit my head...It was...It was her." Sam trailed off as she looked at the floor. She finally looked up at everyone.

"I saw the witch."