nine.

_______

"Hey, Simon, looks like you're employee of the month." Caroline said as she passed by the pictures of Simon. She walked into the room that kept all the drugs and sat down in a seat.

Simon walked in with some drugs as he said "A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance. He was dead for 2 minutes. But..." Simon said as he drummed his hands on the counter. Caroline looked down, knowing what he told her. What he did when it happened. "We got him back!" Simon exclaimed pointing at Sam.

"Kate. It's time for your close-up." Deena said before Kate grabbed her drugs. She started to spill them into the counter, knowing which ones Sam should take.

"You need to take these in order. Like one takes the edge off. You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn." Simon explained to her. Caroline raised her eyebrows and nodded her head.

"That's a good explanation." Caroline said looking at home

"Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You may feel slightly sick." Simon said before one more pile of pills were spilled. "You need to take a five minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, ok? Pile three is what brings you down and out, so take that "take five" or else it's all gonna go to shit!" Simon exclaimed as Kate grabbed a bunch of epi-pens.

"How many of these do we have?" Kate asked Simon.

"Tons. Like a thousand." Simon said taking them from her.

"Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is..." Simon yelled, looking for a word for what the adrenaline is.

"Jesus! It's fucking Jesus!" Caroline exclaimed and Simon nodded his head in agreement.

So after that explanation, Sam re-cut her hand open and spilled her blood into a bucket mixed with water.

"Sam's blood marks the spot." Deena said as she painted blood onto her brother. Kate out an X on Caroline's chest as she looked away.

Sam walked over as she wrapped her hand. She talked to the three teenagers as she did so. "Remember a half an hour ago when you wanted to murder me?" Sam asked with a small laugh. Caroline looked down in regret. To be fair, she did find how not to murder Sam. "You don't have to do this. You can leave." Sam said to them.

"Remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us? We're ending this together." Kate said dropping her hand from Caroline's chest. Caroline looked at her with a smile.

"Die well, my friend." Simon said, putting his hand on her shoulder. Caroline smiled at her.

"Good luck, Sam." Caroline said with a small smile on her face. Sam put one on hers as Caroline bit her lip. "Please don't die though, that'd be heart breaking." Caroline joked. Sam smiled as she looked at Caroline.

"Thank you, for being my best friend."

"Thank you for being mine."

"We got back door patrol." Simon said putting his arm around Josh's shoulders. Kate walked over to them and put her hands on Josh's cheeks. She kissed him on the lips, and Caroline whistled.

She turned around and saw Deena. Deena smiled at her and Caroline nodded her head. "I'm sorry, Carolina." Deena apologized. Caroline smiled a bit more and shrugged her shoulders.

"I'd hug you, but I'd get blood on you." Caroline laughed, Deena laughed as well as Caroline extended her hand.

Deena shook it with a grin. "Good luck out there, Sheriff." Deena said, Caroline smirked before walking backwards. She turned around and jogged away.