𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑶𝒗𝒆𝒓| 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐭.2

𝑨𝒖𝒈𝒖𝒔𝒕 11𝒕𝒉
7:15𝒑𝒎
𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕, 𝑪𝑨

𝑨𝒖𝒈𝒖𝒔𝒕 11𝒕𝒉7:15𝒑𝒎𝑭𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕, 𝑪𝑨

"Happy birthday, princess." I kissed her cheek and held her close to me. Her bright brown eyes peered up at me from behind her long eyelashes.

"Thank you, mommy!"

My heart melted at my beautiful seven year old daughter and her wide smile. She pulled away and took her slice of cake before sitting next to Ezra who kissed her head and tickled her side.

I know... a lot happened in eight years. But I can explain, I think.

After that call with Robyn I waited it out. I gave myself time to think of what I'd need to do for my children and myself. I contacted only a few people to help me make my decision and they did. Those people being my sisters, my mother, and Tina. We all agreed that the safety of my children was a priority, given the circumstances and the sacrifices Bey had made.

So I had them help me hide. I moved, stopped using social media and only a handful of people know my number. I make sure when I'm out during the day I have my shades or an umbrella and I never go out at night, especially with the kids so I'm not found.

But it hurts sometimes. There's this feeling of loneliness that I wish I could claw away. I think about Beyoncé and where she is. I think about what she'd say to me after all these years. I think about what she'd say to our babies.

I know that since she isn't near me she may also feel alone and upset but I'm sure she understands why I did this. Although, I'm also sure if we ever meet again she'd probably choke me out for leaving without telling her I was pregnant.

But it was either this or experience the risks her life had previously set for us and my children having to learn to cope with seeing their Momma behind bars and not being able to hold her.

I feel like if we lived life that way, Ivy would take it the hardest.

I've always thought that they were so similar. They equally share that wild child personality and I hope that doesn't equate to Beyoncé's mental issues she had to overcome in the past.

It's been hard disciplining Ivy. She's aggressive when she doesn't get her way, just like Bey.

I know for a fact that they would've been inseparable though.

From the moment Ivy was born I could feel Beyoncé's energy emanating from her little body. It scared me, I couldn't fathom how it was possible but it was.

"Mommy, can I have more please?" Ivy hopped off of the couch and ran back to me. That's one thing we did share, that damn height problem.

I took her plate from her and gave her a smaller piece. "No more after this one baby."

"But it's my birthday." She frowned. I paused and stared at her face as it grew red. "Don't you dare..." she was about to throw a fit. Ivy is so anger prone and I struggle with her a lot because of her temper.