New Promise

Chapter 22.

------------------------------------------------------------------

5 days before the race. . .

(Warning: attempted self harm)

1 : 37 PM

.
.
.

Minho was leaning against a wall at work, the cool breeze hitting him. Yes, it was twice as freezing as it was yesterday, but he wanted fresh air. He wanted away from people.

All of a sudden, his seemingly peaceful moment was interrupted with a tight grip on his ass.

He spun his body around and came nose to nose with Changbin. "Hey sexy." Minho shook his head and backed up. "Hi."

Changbin leaned his head onto the wall. "Are you feeling alright? You shouldn't ruin your pretty face with all this pouting." Minho gave him a weird look. "You're weird."

"I know." Minho sighed and crossed his arms, hanging his head low. Changbin sighed and decided to be serious. "Minho this isn't like before. Do not let that bitch get to you. Jisung isn't her, he never will be."

Minho hung his head lower. "Also, don't hurt yourself again. You're to precious for it." Changbin took hold of Minhos injured hand, grazing it with his thumb.

"Why are you acting like a husband?" Minho smiled, the first time he smiled that day. Changbin simply shrugged.

The two boys leaned up against the wall, enjoying the comforting silence.

"Probably cause I have a hot as fuck best friend." Minho eyes widened. "Are you kidding me?" Changbin shook his head. "I'm never not serious when it comes to you." Minho felt like a dog obeying his owner. And needless to say he hated it.

"Ah, just stop. You're making me think weird things." Minho pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to shake the weird thoughts off. Changbin let out a deep chuckle.

Although Changbin was annoying and crossed boundaries with his close friends, he wouldn't trade him for the world. He deeply enjoyed and appreciated all that he's done for him.

"Let's go back inside, I'm getting cold." Minho pushed his hands inside the jeans he was wearing, walking past Changbin. Changbin immediately placed his hands on his shoulder, putting his movements to a halt. "I can warm you up, no need to go inside."

Minho turned around and smacked his face. "Ouch."

Minho rolled his eyes as he was about to open the doors to get inside, but immediately turned on his heel. "Actually Changbin, do you mind covering me?" Changbin rose his eyebrow. "What do you mean?"

"I have somewhere to be. Right now. Oh and also, do you still have that pocket knife?" Changbin nodded and pulled it out. "You planning on killing someone?"

Minho took it from Changbins hands. "Nope. Somebody as pretty as me needs to have self defense, right?" Changbin smirked. "Of course. Hurry back though. I don't wanna deal with the bosses mouth." Minho nodded as he walked past Changbin, getting to his car from the back.

Once he was inside the car, he really thought about Han. His mind was still running laps about him, it was almost impossible to sleep due to it.

Minho thought about how hard he was crying on the phone, and how his voice sounded like he's had a cold when in reality it was him crying so much.

Minho gripped the steering wheel, getting more fed up with himself and this whole situation.

Minho made eye contact with the knife he threw in the passenger seat. He gulped as he reached for it.