Chapter 3

I put my elbows on the sink and rested my head in my hands. Slowly, I looked up into the mirror at myself. I stared into my green eyes. The cool breeze coming through my open window caused my thick, dirty blonde hair to blow behind me like in a photo shoot. Only, in photo shoots the girls are beautiful and skinny, nothing like me. I looked over at the scale up against the light blue wall. I felt sick. I stripped down to only my bra and my underwear and stepped onto the scale. When the number appeared on the small oval shaped screen, a thought occurred to me. Maybe...I'm not that fat. But then I looked at the number again. 125. I'm fat. Well I guess I won't be eating dinner tonight. Or breakfast tomorrow...or lunch. But once I reach 115 I'll start eating again. I swore to myself I would start eating again at 115. I won't let myself become anorexic. "DAMN! WELL I DONT NEED YOU BITCH! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! FUCKING BASTARD!" My mom yelled before slamming the door. I sighed. "JOSHUA COME DOWN HERE AND HELP ME CLEAN UP THIS DAMN MESS!" She demanded. I listened to the sound of Josh's door opening and his feet rushing to get down the steps. She was obviously drunk. I could hear my brother trying to calm my mom down and telling her he would clean it all up. "Mom listen to me. Sit down on the couch while I clean up. It's too dangerous for you to be in here with all glass." He told her. She screamed a response back that was so slurred I couldn't understand it. "Mom do not make me call the police. Sit down on the couch now." He told her. He was stern but I could still hear hurt behind his voice. "Mom please. Please stop." He begged her. The sound of glass shattering echoed through the house and sirens came soon after.