. ⁀➷ ²⁰

. CHAPTER TWENTY
🖤🖤🖤

!slut shaming!

∗∗ FLASHBACKS ∗∗
freshmen year

"you did what?" vera asks with furrowed eyebrows as she looks up from her phone and towards elaine, who walked besides her with a wide grin.

"i joined the debate club!"

"since when are you a nerd?" vera jokes out which received her a punch against the shoulder from elaine. vera giggled at that while elaine rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help the grin that danced across her lips.

when the bell rung through the school hallways, both girls started walking faster to avoid getting yelled at by the teacher.

"you coming?" vera asks as she saw elaine walk into the opposite direction of her which made the blonde stop in her steps as she faced her best friend with a wide grin.

"debate club."

"in the middle of class?" vera says with wide eyes which made elaine only raise both of her middle fingers at the brunette girl, who stuck her tongue out at that.

elaine made her way towards the room of the club. she was excited to be apart of it. she desperately hoped that she would make many friends and obviously help the team win all the competitions.

her shoes squeaked to a halt when she faced the door to the debate club. she was nervous, that she couldn't deny.

she knocked against the wooden door with a nervous breath leaving her lips as she awaited for someone to call her inside. when she heard the shout from the other side telling her to come in, she grabbed the handle and opened up the door. all eyes where on her which made her almost shriek back but she decided to go into this club with confidence.

"how can i help you?" a man asks her with a kind smile on his face while he sat on the edge of his table, which made her assume that this was the teacher.

"i'm here to join the club. i wrote my name down. elaine levine?" she spoke with a smile while she completely entered the room, closing the door behind her.

"yes! right, hey everybody, welcome elaine to our team!" the teacher announced with his hands clapping together while he looked around the students inside the room.

much to elaine's surprise, they all smiled at her while a few even waved her way.

in that moment she knew, she would love it here.

"i'm mr. carlson." the teacher introduced himself which made the blonde girl sent him a quick smile before she made her way around the room, trying to find a place to sit.

"you can sit here." a blonde girl said with a friendly smile which made elaine smile right back as she sat down besides her.