Snot Nosed Brat

"Baby" Jamieson whined, slamming the door. He wasn't feeling well which was why he was acting the way he was.

"Yes baby, what's wrong?" Amina stood up walking over to her husband.

It seemed he felt better once he saw what she was holding.

"Get rid of it" He walked past her going into the living room. He sat on the sofa turning off the kids movie that was playing.

"Jamie, don't be mean. Come give me a kiss"

"No"

Amina smiled, putting the child in her arms down before walking over to her husband.

"Give me a kiss, I said"

"No. I didn't get a text or call all day. I come home to see a snot nosed brat hogging my wife."

"Stop being like that."

"You didn't even know I'm sick. You always know when I'm sick"

"I know you're not feeling well because you're acting like a big baby." She pecked his lips before walking back over to the little boy who was tossing and turning in his sleep.

"I'm not playing daddy"

"I don't even think he likes men. I think he's afraid of them."She sat down, sitting him in her lap. 

"What's his name and how long is he with us"

"João and I don't know. I hope a little while, at least six months" Jamie groaned.

"He looks like a girl. He needs a haircut"

"I think he looks just fine, he's adorable." Amina brushed his thick curls back.

"Why does he look so dirty?"

"Stop it. I'm going to give him a bath when he wakes up."

"Well I need you to take care of me please"

"Give me a minute baby" Amina stood up rocking João in her arms.

"He's too big for that."

"Shush, or you can take care of yourself." She went to grab some sheets and a blanket for the baby. She was ready, she brought a bunch of everything for when a child was placed with them.

"I think he likes sharks. Should I give him sharks or dinosaurs? Maybe strawberry shortcake, we were watching the movie before you turned it off."

"Sharks. He's a boy babe."

"So what. I'll let him pick when he wakes up."

"Can I hold him?" Jamie tried to take the boy but Amina moved away.

"You're sick. Back up."

"But I have a headache, baby. It's not a cold. I can't give him anything."

"Don't get my baby sick, Jamie. I'm not playing."

"You're a cute mommy" He smiled, taking João. He shifted a bit before he began to cry.

"Are you kidding me? Here. Take him. I didn't want you anyway" Amina slapped her husband's chest.

"He just wants his plushie, don't be a jerk. He's little and  afraid." She gave him the plushie and he took it but didn't stop crying. Eventually he reached out for Amina.

"Babe. He wants you" 

"What's wrong? o que há de errado?" He pointed at Jamie. Before clinging to Amina.

"You think some asshole hit him or something?"

"I don't know, babe. I'm assuming dad was a little abusive, either towards him or mom which caused his fear of men. He's on trial now and if I'm not mistaken he came to the firm to hire a lawyer."

"You?"

"No. I can't take his case."